In the uk...

BeautifulD

Mum to 3 and TTC #4
Reaction score
Do they make you stay at home until you're 5cm?

When I had my girls it was 3cm and you could come in... The only reason I ask is because with both my girls when I got to 5 cm within a few contractions their heads were crowning :shock: So staying at home until 5 really would be scary!!

They normally say to phone at contractions every 5 minutes lasting 30 seconds.... They like to talk to you on the phone so they can hear you're out of breath.

They admit you to labour ward when you're about 4cm I think - but if it's clear that you're crowning then I'm sure they wont send you away!

That's good to hear... It came out of the blue with both the girls.

With DD 1 I was just checked and found that I was 5cm I chose to have an epidural and when they sat me up to do it I needed to push.

With DD2 Again I was checked and was 5 cm... I was so disappointed then on the next almighty contraction her head crowned :shock: Makes my eyes water just thinking about it haha

At my hospital they ask you to stay home until 4cm and when you're having to breath through the contractions etc. They won't admit you to L&D before 4cm but if you're really struggling they'll let you stay at the hospital instead of going home and then admit you once you're a 4. But that's for your 1st, I bet they'd bend the rules for someone with your history.

wow!! That's good going!! As im sure you've told your MW about your previous super quick amazing deliveries I cant imagine they will send you away as long as you tell them and its written in your notes!

I'm hoping so.... The anxiety levels are starting to creep up already :wacko: the joys of being pregnant after losses!

My hospital is 4cm as that's when your considered in 'active labour' but I am sure allowances would be made!

Mrs Gards... I'm not sure if it will be written in my notes my youngest is 10 :haha:

Id make a point of asking your MW to write something in your notes.. Even if its just "is concerned due to extremely quick deliveries in the past" or similar. X

Good plan, I have consultant on Friday so I will discuss it with him then... I need to write a list, I have questions as long as my arm :haha:

If you tell them of your history of quick labour then I'm certain they won't send you away. I'm sure they'd keep you in, even if just to cover their own backs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->