In total disbelief - Number 3 feeling torn

GemmaG

Reaction score
Hi ladies

It’s been a long time since I’ve been in here, over six years ago and against all odds I’m back again

I just found out yesterday I’m pregnant with baby number 3. I had my twins in 2013 after a successful ICSI after almost 5 years TTC. We have been told that our chances of conceiving naturally is less than 1% so I haven’t bothered with contraception and then this has happened.

I’m torn between what an absolute miracle to feeling totally overwhelmed and unsure I want another baby it has never been on my radar....

My husband isn’t one bit happy, we have never planned anymore and we were more than content with our two we never thought we would even have them. Although we had a rough time with the twins and it was really hard work so we are just feeling like we are getting some normality back and having a bit of me and him back.

Anyone else had number 3 and can give me some positive views really need a boost to tell me it will all be okay. Feeling a little alone in my thoughts today

Hi hun my situation is slightly different but I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant with baby number 3. I had my daughter who's 7 and son who's almost 5 from a previous relationship and I always said I was done didn't want anymore I had one of each and if I ever got into a relationship again there would be no babies...

... fast forward a few years I met the love of my life, he has no children, we ended up trying for my baby number 3 and his baby number 1.

The positive thing I'm looking at is that my two are older and will be an amazing help when the baby gets here in November, it's not like I'll have 3 under 3 so I dont look at it as added stress, just an excited little addition.
Plus with my two being older their more aware of everything going on in the pregnancy and are super excited to be big brothers and sisters.

I'm sure your husband will get more excited closer to the time. congratulations and good luck!

I know someone with a similar story but not myself. They had twins through ivf as they couldn’t get pregnancy naturally... a couple of years later to their surprise they got pregnant naturally thinking it wasn’t even possible.

She had a real rough time accepting it, it was a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions, but they wouldn’t change it for the world!

It might take a bit of getting used to, but everything will work out x

My older 2 were born close together and people thought they were twins because of it. They are now 6 and 5, and are amazing with my 3rd child. We originally didnt plan anymore either and my partner was NOT happy too. But our 3rd is bloody magical and amazing and my partner is besotted and head over heels with the little madam. The fact your chances of conceiving naturally were so low and you still conceived i think its ameant to happen. Im now pregnant with number 4 and havent told my partner yet so i can feel for you in the sense of a 'shocker not sure what to do' kind of pregnancy. Here if you want to chat xx

This isn’t really the same situation, but I’m pregnant with my 2nd and he and my son will only be 16/17 months apart once this baby is born. We were not expecting to have kids so close together and I’ve struggled with it on and off because my son is finally sleeping through the night and a little less needy (but still a TON of work during the day), so it’s like I’m both freaked about starting at square one, and doubling the workload with another baby. But I just try and remember that once he’s here we won’t be able to imagine it any other way. I think it can be so overwhelming at first, but with a little time to come to terms with it, it will be less scary :)

Thanks so much ladies ❤️ Will definitely take a little bit of getting used to! Wow lonelymumma big hugs also here if you need to chat ❤️ When are you telling partner x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->