Incompetent Cervix - stitch/cerclage - threatened labour

Klabro, it sounds like they are taking your case very seriously so that is good! Will be thinking of you.

Hey ladies. My length today was varying between 2.2-2.6 (they went with a final length of 2.2) with very minor funneling so I have stayed stable for 3 weeks now. The funneling has not gotten any worse, actually was a little less today. The MFM says there is no need to continue checking me unless I have PTL symptoms at which point they will do a speculum exam to check for dilation etc. Makes me nervous, but I've been told by both my MFM and OB that they just don't check after 26 weeks here because they would expect to see some degree of shortening around that time and wouldn't change my treatment plan at this point. Did a growth scan today, baby girl is measuring at about 2.1 pounds and everything with her growth looks good.

That's good klabro! And that's crazy my little girl was weighing in at 24 weeks?! Just hang in there you've made it this far Chicky! We both sound to be at about the same point. Just keep celebrating the weeks you accomplish my next short term goal is 28weeks so I've got 2weeks 5days till then!

Well I am glad it hasn't gotten worse. Good to hear your little princess is still going strong in there. FX'd you make it all the way without any PTL symptoms

I can't remember if I updated here or not, but I start my progesterone shots next week! Called the pharmacist and confirmed delivery for next Tuesday! I hope they come in the morning because I'm supposed to have my appointment that day. Still so grateful I'm able to get them for free.

I am getting a little nervous that I haven't had a cervical length check yet. She said I'd get them every 2-3 weeks but didn't say when that would start. I really want one soon because my 21 week loss I'm pretty sure it started to change around 17 weeks . And by 20 it was too late. Obviously with the cerclage in, they don't think I will do that. But I know they aren't completely fail proof. :/ I would feel more comfortable knowing. I'm hoping they will check next week, although they didn't have me scheduled for it.

Hey girls, my cerclage was placed successfully on Tuesday. My consultant said I had a good length and managed to get a good shriodkah in!. In fact she said "that is a magnificent stitch if I do say so myself" :haha: let's hope that means it'll hold these twins in until 36 weeks!. X

How is everyone doing? This is my first week without a length check. I'll see how I feel later in the week, but oddly enough I feel kind of relieved right now. There was so much anxiety for me leading up to those checks every week and then I'd feel a big let down the next day and get emotional. I'll be 28 weeks on Saturday and that was my first big goal! Then on to 32 weeks!!

Klabro, that's so exciting to be reaching 28 weeks!! Can't wait until I'm there. :)

I have my 16 weeks appointment today. I am nervous because she said nothing about doing a length check, and I haven't had one all Pregnancy! :( I have my cerclage and will be starting progesterone shots today, but I still am so nervous. I hope I can convince her to check.

Everything went great today! Baby looked good and my cervix looked nice and closed, stitch holding up fine. They only did abdominal though, which I know isn't as accurate. But they didn't want to risk messing up anything with a vaginal scan. Next appointment in 3 weeks.

Happy to hear everything went well with your appointment tcinks!

Klabro, Yayy for 28 weeks. I can honestly say I believe you with the anxiety of getting the checks because no matter how badly we want to receive them, if ANYTHING changed that's not an increase in length can be stressful, so I agree. Happy to hear you're doing well though.

xMissxZoiex, happy to hear you have your cerclage placed :happydance: welcome to the group. :baby::baby:Twins....must be nice!

So things seem to be ramping up for me I'll be 27weeks on Sunday and I'm starting to lose my plug contractions are becoming more frequent but the doctor says my cervix is closed but low and soft. So it looks like even with progesterone and rest my body is still set on bringing my little Luna into the world early.

TCinks-glad the appointment went well!

hoping-yes, this week actually went much faster than it normally does for me so it may just be the fact that I don't have the anticipation and nerves leading up to the appointments.

Katlin-are you having more Braxton Hicks or are they real contractions? I'm having a ton of Braxton Hicks, but I've been told over and over again that it is normal. I haven't had a manual cervix check though so I have no idea if I am dilated, soft etc. I have an appointment with my OB this Thursday and I'll see what she thinks about doing a manual check. Its hard to decide because the MFM told me I didn't need it unless I have PTL symptoms like bleeding/spotting, or contractions that aren't going away. Luckily even when I have Braxton Hicks they range from 10-25 minutes apart, but they never really get regular or increase in intensity.

Happy New Year Ladies!! I know that's super late but this last week has had me on my behind. Just not feeling well at all. Every body said the second trimester is when things should get better for you and that has so not been the case for me. It's like it's gotten worse. I'm only 15 weeks but I was so sure these symptoms would for sure taper off. I just hope it's not like that the rest of this pregnancy because I've been really miserable, especially the last 3 days that's been the worst of all.

I hope everyone else had a great coming into the New Year though. I'm praying for all of us to have our beautiful, healthy babies without complications in 2017. I can't wait to meet my bumble bee. How is everyone doing so far this year lol...

Thought I'd drop in real quick, it's been weeks since I've visited... again so many new posts and looks like new ladies!! Happy to see so many getting closer to that 30 week mark! As for me I'm 35 weeks today!! Braxton hicks really picking
Up and getting more uncomfortable, but stitch is doing it's job. I am scheduled for stitch removal next Tuesday at noon *yikes!!* i never thought I'd make it here and now I'm so scared lol!! Not so much pain, but when I can feel stitches being pulled I get a little queasy I can't imagine what having a super thick stitch pulled from my cervix will do *yucky* good luck ladies and happy new year!! I'll be reading through the posts and popping back in next Tuesday with updates lol!

Thought I'd drop in real quick, it's been weeks since I've visited... again so many new posts and looks like new ladies!! Happy to see so many getting closer to that 30 week mark! As for me I'm 35 weeks today!! Braxton hicks really picking
Up and getting more uncomfortable, but stitch is doing it's job. I am scheduled for stitch removal next Tuesday at noon *yikes!!* i never thought I'd make it here and now I'm so scared lol!! Not so much pain, but when I can feel stitches being pulled I get a little queasy I can't imagine what having a super thick stitch pulled from my cervix will do *yucky* good luck ladies and happy new year!! I'll be reading through the posts and popping back in next Tuesday with updates lol!

Yay! You're so close. :) It feels like I'll never be there. Please keep us posted when the little one arrives. :)

17 weeks and my anxiety is just getting worse. :/ I'm so afraid to do anything, I've been spending most days in bed. Hubby gave me my progesterone shot today for the first time. He was so nervous. :haha: But it went fine. My next appointment is in 2 weeks and I'm really hoping they do a transvaginal scan to get a more accurate length check.

Hi ladies! Before Christmas I had a stitch come out from my surgery - and they were supposed to be in there and dissolve after 6 months, not 8 weeks. Ugh. So back to the doctor for another check, where another stitch came out. :/ However my cervix (then, and now, just measured again yesterday) is still measuring over 3 cm with no funneling. So.... just keep getting checked. I am also having a ton of Braxton Hicks contractions, which I don't think I really had with my first. Very uncomfortable! Perhaps brought on by the transvaginal scan? Who knows, but of course disconcerting given my issues. So I'll be joining the anxiety club with everyone else!

Glad everyone is still hanging on!
Seen your other post klabro about pooping and having extra discharge I get this to and it can range from a clear discharge to a yellow thick discharge kinda like snot so maybe its normal for short cervix?
Hang in the tcinks I remember how much anxiety I had at 17weeks I thought everything was going to be the end!
Twinkle I really hope that your cervix doesn't start changing with the missing stitches I say keep taking it easy and I'm happy that your doctor is monitoring it closely.

On my end no real changes other then bh/contractions starting to pick up and I've been like weirdly emotional for the last three days, I cried over not having spaghetti sauce lol my bf thought it was hilarious.

Hoping Carter-sorry you aren't feeling well :( Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon.

Kat-Yay for 35 weeks! So awesome to hear. Keep us updated with how stitch removal goes.

TCinks-hang in there you are right at the start of the part that gave me the most anxiety. I still have it now, but its nothing compared to what it was around then.

Twinklie-sorry about the stitches. Good length though, so hopefully that is a sign of whats to come. I have had loads of Braxton Hicks this pregnancy and they have only seemed to pick up as time goes on. I would get them after transvaginal scans, but I can't say if it was from the scan itself or my anxiety about the scan.

Katlin-Thanks for responding to my other question, I'm sure its normal, just always on edge over here. I also have more Braxton Hicks this time, they are driving me crazy. I've been SUPER emotional too. Can't quite put my finger on why, but I definitely am.

Def lots of BH and pelvic pain going on over here. Ladies with IC concerns should be exempt from these things, it's the last thing we need, we worry enough without them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->