Incompetent Cervix - stitch/cerclage - threatened labour

I'm glad things are going well Kaitlin! How do you feel about being off rest?

I'm 23 weeks today and feeling a bit better each week! Still on light activity but not bed rest anymore. My doctors never put me on it, I just felt better doing it. I started to get out of the house more this weekend, but still mostly sitting down, not too much standing or walking around. My next appointment is Thursday, then I think another next week and if everything still looks good they will stop seeing me so much . They have done a cervical length check since 19 weeks and I really wish they would! They said there's no reason to anymore. :/

I feel fine about it actually I just can really feel the weeks off exercise have affected my mobility which sucks. But I'm actually definitely ready to be more active, ive just noticed I cramp a lot walking which is frustrating.

xMissxZoiex - I am so so so sorry to read about your devastating loss of your beautiful boys. I am in no way trying to be insensitive but I just wanted to throw something out since you mentioned you are unsure of the amount of damage to your cervix and whether you will be able to carry another baby. There is a procedure called a Transabdominal Cerclage (TAC) that you could look at down the road that is successful in cases where TVC's have failed. Please let me know if you would like more information.

I have been doing extensive research into this, I didn't know of it before we lost the boys. I don't think its going to be easy to get where I am because there are only 3 experience doctors in the UK that preform it. Me and my husband have decided to go for the TAC and I'm hoping my consultant can get me a quick referral to my chosen doctor but I'm not seeing her until the 8th of next month.

I wont be having another TVC pregnancy even if my consultant here says she thinks itll be ok to do so. I will attempt a TAC pregnancy.

xMissxZoiex - I am so so so sorry to read about your devastating loss of your beautiful boys. I am in no way trying to be insensitive but I just wanted to throw something out since you mentioned you are unsure of the amount of damage to your cervix and whether you will be able to carry another baby. There is a procedure called a Transabdominal Cerclage (TAC) that you could look at down the road that is successful in cases where TVC's have failed. Please let me know if you would like more information.

I have been doing extensive research into this, I didn't know of it before we lost the boys. I don't think its going to be easy to get where I am because there are only 3 experience doctors in the UK that preform it. Me and my husband have decided to go for the TAC and I'm hoping my consultant can get me a quick referral to my chosen doctor but I'm not seeing her until the 8th of next month.

I wont be having another TVC pregnancy even if my consultant here says she thinks itll be ok to do so. I will attempt a TAC pregnancy.

Your amazingly strong to being open to trying again, I have heard good things in regards to the TAC from my research when I had done research into cerclages. I'd also be unwilling to attempt the same procedure if it was already unsuccessful. Please keep us updated on were you go from here.

Zoie - I am so glad you are looking into the TAC. I didn't even attempt a TVC. After such an early IC loss (12 weeks which is almost unheard of), Dr. Haney in Chicago said I had such early changes in my cervix that a TVC would be unlikely to work. I went straight for the TAC, but I am in the US and there are several doctors here that perform them. If you aren't a member of Abbyloopers, that is a great place to start and will have a doctor list. I'm not familiar at all with any of the UK doctors. My TAC was an open TAC rather than a lap-TAC so recovery took a bit longer than it probably would have if it would have been laproscopic, but I was back to work in 2 weeks and fully healed by 3 weeks. I feel much more confident going into this new pregnancy with my TAC in place. Feel free to ask any questions if you think of anything. Also, Dr. Haney does free phone consultations that might be worth looking into. He is amazing and spends over an hour on the phone discussing your loss and what the TAC is.

Zoie - I am so glad you are looking into the TAC. I didn't even attempt a TVC. After such an early IC loss (12 weeks which is almost unheard of), Dr. Haney in Chicago said I had such early changes in my cervix that a TVC would be unlikely to work. I went straight for the TAC, but I am in the US and there are several doctors here that perform them. If you aren't a member of Abbyloopers, that is a great place to start and will have a doctor list. I'm not familiar at all with any of the UK doctors. My TAC was an open TAC rather than a lap-TAC so recovery took a bit longer than it probably would have if it would have been laproscopic, but I was back to work in 2 weeks and fully healed by 3 weeks. I feel much more confident going into this new pregnancy with my TAC in place. Feel free to ask any questions if you think of anything. Also, Dr. Haney does free phone consultations that might be worth looking into. He is amazing and spends over an hour on the phone discussing your loss and what the TAC is.

I've heard of Dr. Haney and his great success rate, he'd be my number one choice if we had the money to travel over seas for it, maybe we'll win the lottery! the first thing I'd do is book a consultation with Dr. Haney. I am a member of Abbyloopers and I've found 2 good doctors here that do the surgery but I need to get approval and referral from a GP first, its not always simple to get approved for the funding here. I've heard the recovery is similar to a c section and I had one of them with my son so I'm familiar with the experience.

I'm hoping to get the surgery done asap, even if we don't TTC right away I want to know that its all done in case I get pregnant, both my son and the twins were big surprises because we were not TTC and I don't want to find myself in the situation of being pregnant pre TAC and having to risk surgery while pregnant.

Well ive been in the hospital since last night with contractions and am now sitting at 4-5cm dilated for the last 6 hours and stopped contracting. Ugh..... So frustrated because the hospital won't stop me from laboring but they also won't do anything to help it along so here ive been up all night they won't give me pain meds they won't stop the pain and they won't speed it up so that it can be over faster. I'm just done :(

Hang in there Katlin, I've been at 4cm for a week now. I'm at home though. No regular contractions here so like you, they wont do anything for me. Just been told to go to the hospital if the contractions get closer than 7 minutes. Are they going to hold you there until you progress on your own or will they release you?

They wanted to hold me until she comes but I discharged myself, I'm sitting at just under 5cm. But I hadent had any regular contractions for almost 8-9 hours, there concern is my body has a habit of going from 3-10cm in less than two hours so I'm considered precipitous with my labors. But with 3 other kids and child care to worry about sticking around at the hospital for however long is really not a feesible option for me. Because it would mean my fiance staying home with my 3 kids while nothing is happening and him missing school and possibly losing his funding through the province for his schooling. And I only live a 7-10 min drive from the hospital so an ambulance can be here in 3-4 minutes if things happen fast. So I've been advised not to go far from home and to not leave home without my phone as a precaution. And if I have more than 2 contraction every 10mins for even 20mins to head back in, if I have any spotting, fluid or globs of mucous to go back in. So back to the waiting game I'm hoping to keep her in till atleast Friday cause then my dads off work again and can watch my kiddos. Somehow I was able to drive to the hospital on Saturday with contractions 3-5 mins apart lol.

Still pregnant but my lower back kicked up this morning at 1am so I've hardly slept so for anyone needing hope that you can sit open for a bit I'm at just under 5cm and now 34 and 4days I've been like this for now almost 5 days!

I haven't been here for soooo long but I delivered my beautiful baby girl January 17th. My water broke the day I turned 37 weeks. I delivered 6 hours after it broke one push 5lbs 15oz she was perfect and needed no help with breathing. She was tiny but perfect! She is now 5.5 weeks old and up 3+lbs. I am breastfeeding exclusively but only have one "working" breast as my other was damaged during a surgery 6 years ago. But it's doing its job lol! She is a fussy little thing "colic" and very gassy but she is thriving and all is well! Just hang in there ladies you will get here!!!

Ashtyn Rose 1/17/17 5lbs 15oz- 18 1/4" long

Had my stitch removed at 36 weeks dilated to 3cm instantly. It was so painful and required a spinal to get both stitches out!

I haven't been here for soooo long but I delivered my beautiful baby girl January 17th. My water broke the day I turned 37 weeks. I delivered 6 hours after it broke one push 5lbs 15oz she was perfect and needed no help with breathing. She was tiny but perfect! She is now 5.5 weeks old and up 3+lbs. I am breastfeeding exclusively but only have one "working" breast as my other was damaged during a surgery 6 years ago. But it's doing its job lol! She is a fussy little thing "colic" and very gassy but she is thriving and all is well! Just hang in there ladies you will get here!!!

Ashtyn Rose 1/17/17 5lbs 15oz- 18 1/4" long

Had my stitch removed at 36 weeks dilated to 3cm instantly. It was so painful and required a spinal to get both stitches out!
Congratulations on your little one! :kiss:

24 weeks and starting to breath a little easier each day. I never thought I'd get this far. Now looking forward to 28! :)

Kat and katlin congratulations to both of you! Kat so happy to hear your baby girl is doing so well and well done to you too momma! Just a good word from another colicky mom (3 of them lol!) it will get better!!!i thought it never would but you wake up one day and they re not so fussy anymore and before you know it you can't remember when they stopped being colicky and fussy anymore!!!
Katlin how are you doing mommy?

Hey ladies, delivered my little girl today at 36+0 (induced for low fluid) very fast labor and she is doing great!

Awe wtg klabro! How are you feeling?

I'm doing great just sore and tired myself but my milk is slowly coming in! She is 100% healthy born 5lbs 1oz and 44cm she is doing time in the nicu just cause shes early and nursing isn't so great yet but thats OK we have time shes still little and early so latching isn't easy for her.

Congrats Katlin! Just able to see your update. So glad she is doing so well! Hoping for a quick and uneventful NICU stay for you. My girl weighs 6lbs 2oz. and is healthy too. So far she is latching on, just waiting for the milk to come in. I am SO tired, but very relieved to be here on the other side of the anxiety!

Ow wow all these babies! A true baby boom! Congratulations kliabro so happy to hear your girl is doing so well and you can finally hold her in your arms and know all this anxiety is over and you can enjoy your little miracle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->