Incompetent Cervix - stitch/cerclage - threatened labour

Katlin I hope your wee one has a very short stay in the nicu:)

Yay for all the babies! :happydance: Can't wait to be where you ladies are.

Luna is great there classifying her as a 34 weeker she latched for the first time today and is eating well, shes needed no respiratory assistance and is basically staying nicu to grow establish feeding and to mature a little bit

How is everyone doing? :)

26 and things still seem to be going well. I have my next appointment on Monday. I'm hoping they'll check my stitch because I've been a little worried about it. I know that as baby is getting bigger, he/she will put pressure on my cervix, but I'd rather know for sure that the stitch is holding! They haven't done a length scan since 19 weeks. :/ I haven't had any bleeding or cramping or anything, so that's good. I'm starting to relax a little, but nerves still get to me. 2 more weeks until 3rd trimester! It's kind of hard to believe.

Congratulations on 26 weeks Tcinks! I was still super nervous at 26 weeks as well because even though I knew baby had a good chance I kept thinking of getting farther. I think I finally started breathing a little around 32 weeks, then felt even better at 34. Hope that they give you a measurement on Monday so you can feel even better!

I'm still doing good. Brought my little girl home with me from the hospital, no NICU or anything required. I did have steroid shots because we knew we were inducing at 36 weeks. My cervix was 2 cm dilated from about 27 weeks and then I was 4 cm dilated for another 2 weeks. By the time I went in for induction I was 5 cm. Once they broke my water at 5 cm she was born within 30 minutes. It was a super FAST labor!

I want to say thanks to everyone on this forum for helping keep me sane. It was stressful going through the pregnancy with no cerclage, but I made it!

Hello ladies I'm sorry to hijack this thread. I had a cervical length measurement took at 16 weeks 1 day and it was 3.25 cm. I'm told it's on the 10th centile so nothing to worry about as still normal but that's sounds so short. I go back in 2 weeks when I'll be 18 and 3. I'm worried I'll lose my baby before then anyone had a measurement like mine and been fine??x

That's still a good measurement! Try not to worry. It's great they are checking you again in two weeks. Did you have issues with your cervix in the past?

That's still a good measurement! Try not to worry. It's great they are checking you again in two weeks. Did you have issues with your cervix in the past?

I had my first son in 2010 no issues. I then had problems in a subsequent pregnancy that resulted in it being removed surgically in the second trimester. It was horrific. I fell pregnant again in 2012 and had lots of pressure bleeding etc thought out and always worried that my cervix had been damaged during the surgery I had. Nhs wouldn't scan my cervix until I'd lost a baby in second trimester. I spent most of my second sons pregnancy laid up as pressure was so bad. He came at full term 38 weeks. I am pregnant time to though and have had a build up of pressure from very early on. Again no-one would check my cervical length so I booked privately. They gave me a sheet away explaining I was on the 10th centile for cervical length and I'm freaking out now. My mw finally agreed to my cervical length being checked at 20 weeks but I feel that is so far away. My repeat in 2 weeks is again private xx

I'm sorry you've had a hard time being taken seriously. :( I hope you can get some answers. It wasn't until after I'd lost my 2nd baby that I got the care that I needed.

Hi all, glad to see some healthy babies! Sorry I fell off the thread there, work just got crazy busy, but I am now almost 39 weeks and still pregnant! Now I am can't wait to give birth, after all that worry about a premie baby. Hope everyone is doing ok. xo

twinklie congratulations!!!lol I remember the feeling...you worry for so long and then they won't come out!!!waiting for a beautiful update and birth story!

blue sorry to hear all you very been through...I had my son in 2010 without any trouble followed by 2 mmc and then a horrid ic pregnancy in 2012 which gaversion me my dd 5 weeks early (basically as soon as I stood up after 5 months of bed rest). then it was another mc and then had my last dd at 39.3! what I mean to say is not all pregnancits are the same...anything over 3cm is a good length so you don't have to worry but it's great they really checking you anyway!

yay misszoe these are great news!!!you can have a nice summer looking forwArd to autumn! !!

My TVC did its job! I gave birth to my baby boy May 22 at 37 weeks (induced because of high blood pressure). I was full of anxiety the entire pregnancy, but between the stitch and progesterone shots, everything went according to plan. So happy to have my rainbow. ♥️

tcinks huge congratulations! !!well done mama!!! ��

Hi everyone sorry to jump on the thread, I'm one of the oldies on the thread & just found out I'm pregnant again and this will be my 3rd cervical stitch 🙌🏻 I'll have a quick read through and look at all of your journeys up to now :) X X

twinkle congratulations! a very happy and healthy 9 months! 3 is an awesome number :)

Question, me and my partner are NTNP... I had an incompetent cervix (started shortening at 23 weeks - 2.8cm by 32 weeks was 0.08cm) and preterm labor with my rainbow - pregnancy was perfect otherwise.. I went full term to 40+3 and he was born at 40+4. Have any of you had this happen and then your next pregnancies were fine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->