Incompetent Cervix - stitch/cerclage - threatened labour

Tcinks I don't usually comment as you ladies are all at about the same situation currently and have each other for support and so I only just read along. However given I was once in your situation especially with the contractions..do you take extra magnesium? My doc had upped it from 2 to 6 per day to calm the contractions. It's over the counter (at least here) so it's very easy to get

Tcinks I don't usually comment as you ladies are all at about the same situation currently and have each other for support and so I only just read along. However given I was once in your situation especially with the contractions..do you take extra magnesium? My doc had upped it from 2 to 6 per day to calm the contractions. It's over the counter (at least here) so it's very easy to get

Hey! Thanks for sharing. I haven't been taking it, but I do have some! What dose did you take it? Does it have other benefits besides calming contractions?

20 weeks today and cervix is a tiny bit longer than last week and no sign of funneling! So I think the bed rest has been helping. They said no more scans but I'll have weekly appointments until week24.

Tcinks I m not sure...I know it's to relax your muscles..same with eating bananas but much more concentrated! And it definitely doesn't hurt anything! If I remember correctly I used to take 6x200mg daily but it's been a while..I ll see if I can find any leftover boxes to see how much each pill was..I definitely took 6 of them!

Hi all! Hope everyone is still doing well! Still cooking my baby boy, 25 weeks today. Feeling pretty good and having less BH contractions and whatnot. Feeling rather huge, not being able to exercise sure isn't helping that. Oh well, I will worry about it after bubs comes. xoxo

Yay twinkle I'm so happy your still cooking, I know I'm nervous about getting the weight off after myself as I'm getting married in August!

Hi all! Hope everyone is still doing well! Still cooking my baby boy, 25 weeks today. Feeling pretty good and having less BH contractions and whatnot. Feeling rather huge, not being able to exercise sure isn't helping that. Oh well, I will worry about it after bubs comes. xoxo

Ugh same here! I never was super into working out, but I typically maintained a pretty healthy weight and got moderate exercise. Now just sitting/laying in bed all day...I'm gaining so much. :( I know it's for baby so I'm trying not to focus too much on it. Hopefully it won't be too hard to work it off after baby.

21 weeks today! I didn't get an ultrasound this week but a speculum exam. She said she could see at least 2 cm of closed cervix below the stitch and it looked like that stitch was holding really well. So I'm happy about that, but still nervous about getting to 24 weeks. My hospital actually has a really great nicu and they attempt to save babies at 22 weeks! Not that I want baby to come then, or even at 24. But reaching that point will just be one more milestone down. :)

Ugh same here! I never was super into working out, but I typically maintained a pretty healthy weight and got moderate exercise. Now just sitting/laying in bed all day...I'm gaining so much. :( I know it's for baby so I'm trying not to focus too much on it. Hopefully it won't be too hard to work it off after baby.

21 weeks today! I didn't get an ultrasound this week but a speculum exam. She said she could see at least 2 cm of closed cervix below the stitch and it looked like that stitch was holding really well. So I'm happy about that, but still nervous about getting to 24 weeks. My hospital actually has a really great nicu and they attempt to save babies at 22 weeks! Not that I want baby to come then, or even at 24. But reaching that point will just be one more milestone down. :)

I know my OB said that much of the cervix isn't visible via a speculum exam, so you are much longer than 2 cm, so you're doing great!

26 weeks here, and feeling fine!

I hope everyone is resting well and still holding on. I had my cerclage removed on Monday. It only took about five minutes and really didnt hurt at all (after I relaxed). So now I go from trying to make it to the next week, to counting down the days. 13 more days until my little Valentine lovebug arrives. Hang in there ladies there is a finish line ahead.

Visionofmine - so close! Can't wait, I hope you will share pics here!

My stitch has failed and my beautiful baby boys Owen & Milo were born sleeping. My boys were born through my cerclage and my cervix tore. I don't know the extent of the damage until I see my consultant for a follow up appointment but I don't think I'll ever be able to carry another pregnancy at all.

My stitch has failed and my beautiful baby boys Owen & Milo were born sleeping. My boys were born through my cerclage and my cervix tore. I don't know the extent of the damage until I see my consultant for a follow up appointment but I don't think I'll ever be able to carry another pregnancy at all.

:cry: I am so so sorry :cry: So heartbroken for you. :hugs:

Misszoie I am so so very sorry..I don't think I have words to say anything that will make sense or take away even the slightest of your pain...I hope you can find some peace and healing in your boy :(

Ohhh Misszoie... I am so so sorry. My heart breaks for you. I know nothing we say can truly help, but we will be keeping you in our prayers. xoxoxox

MissZoie- I am so truly sorry. It is so hard to lose 2 beautiful babies and the idea of being a mom to twins all at once. I lost my boy and girl at 21 weeks and my heart breaks thinking about what you are going through. If you ever need to talk about anything feel free to message me. Put your energy in your boy and let him help you heal, it was truly the only thing that helped me through. Hugs to you.

xMissxZoiex - I am so so so sorry to read about your devastating loss of your beautiful boys. I am in no way trying to be insensitive but I just wanted to throw something out since you mentioned you are unsure of the amount of damage to your cervix and whether you will be able to carry another baby. There is a procedure called a Transabdominal Cerclage (TAC) that you could look at down the road that is successful in cases where TVC's have failed. Please let me know if you would like more information.

Wanted to check in and say im still here at 33 weeks 1 day, I ended up in l&d on Friday cause I thought my waters were leaking... Well turned out Im leaking urine lol, but I was having Small contractions I couldn't feel every 6minutes and im 2cm dilated, but they pulled me off of rest and essentially told me at this point baby will come when baby is ready to. I also figured out why my hips and back hurt so bad its because she is posterior and they said getting up and moving will help turn her so fingers crossed it helps. Just have increased cervical mucous today and doing some light cleaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->