Inconclusive hearing tests?

Jimmy roaster

Reaction score
Hi all,

Haven't posted for a while as it's been so busy. Still find myself stressing loads about every little thing..
The latest is that one of my boys has had an inconclusive hearing test? He is due a further test in a couple of weeks and in the meantime I have been reading to him and talking to him to see if he reacts. He doesn't seem to, however he isn't really a very active baby in general.

As well as this my other boy is still on cpap after a trouble with a collapsed lung..it never rains it pours in NICU..

Anyone else experienced similar problems?

The hearing test can be tricky to perform. They did it last night on my baby and she said if baby is awake they don't get an accurate reading or if there is too much background noise. Baby has to be really still and quiet. Maybe he was awake or too much was happening in the room? Did you see them do it?

The hearing test can be tricky to perform. They did it last night on my baby and she said if baby is awake they don't get an accurate reading or if there is too much background noise. Baby has to be really still and quiet. Maybe he was awake or too much was happening in the room? Did you see them do it?

No i wasn't there so not sure whether or not he was awake?

Hopefully the inconclusive result was just due to circumstances. Goodluck, i hope it turns out ok. Maybe you could ask, they may be able to explain further or give you some reassurance.

I wouldn't worry too much, the things they use never fit our little babies ears and when we had it done at the hospital it was fine as they use different equipment

My baby had one today and said it wasn't working because his ear canal was too small so would have to try it again some other time, guess it's hit or miss sometimes

Andrew had an inconclusive hearing test, and returned to the Audiology department at 4m actual (1m corrected) for a repeat of that test, which showed that he has some problems with the auditory nerve not having formed properly. We've been back for numerous tests since, the latter behavioural, and they *still* cannot tell us the extent of his hearing loss. He trialled hearing aids back in August for a month and there was little difference; I think we'll be trialling them again in December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->