Increase in bowel movements?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Today marks 36 weeks (yay!) and I've been having a large increase in bowel movements. Not necessarily in size (sorry tmi) but how often I go. Even when I'm not going or don't have to go I still feel like I need to go. Is my body getting ready or am I just full of it?:blush:

I started going 3 times a day instead of one, I think it's just due to less space in there so you can't store it all up! I also found that when I need to go, I need to go right there and then, whereas I used to be able to hold it. It's been like that for weeks, so it's not my pre-labour clearing out.

Mine has just been going on for the last week, but that makes sense about running out of room in there.

I think as your baby drops it puts pressure on your bowels. That can happen a month before baby comes for first time moms but for 2nd + time moms usually not until close to labour. My baby dropped and I went 12 times in 2 days but has popped back up to give me some heartburn.

Sounds very normal for your weeks :) as baby moves down / puts more pressure you can go more often or just feel like you have the urge twice as much as soon as you try its gone.

It can be body getting ready also :)

I'm not far off 36 weeks and I've had the same problem. I go for a number 2 about 3 times a day now. I think its because of how much room there is in there. I find it hard to eat big meals to. Your not alone.

I've still got a week or so to go till I hit week 36 but I get the feeling where I need to go, and I get a lot of pressure down below but when I go, nothing!

Today for the first time, I got this sudden belly cramping and had to get to the toilet ASAP... I'm hoping this is the 'clear out' I keep reading about!

I have too, I put it down to raspberry leaf capsules I'm taking!

I'd be okay if it was the "clear" out beginning since I'm on bed rest until 37 weeks.

Carly - Hmm, that makes me wonder if it's the magnesium I'm taking to stop the contractions. I had mega loose stools but then it mellowed out now it's picked back up again since taking magnesium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->