increasing milk supply

countrymom119

Mommy of 2 boys & a girl
Reaction score
if you've had issues with milk supply what have you done to increase it and how much of an increase did you get

With DD1, I was convinced she wasn't getting enough so ended up combi feeding.
This time with DD2, I just keep feeding her, and or she gets a bottle of pumped milk.
I find the more I feed her even if its every half hour then I REALLY notice a change the next day with how much more milk I have.

After every feed I used to pump... This tricks your body into thinking more milk is needed therefor producing more.
Also the best time to pump is at night/early hours and is you can, pump from both boobs at the same time xx

I have quite low milk supply .. Confirmed by lo's weight loss/very slow weight gain. I had to combi feed, it took me until 8weeks & now we are down to just one formula bottle the rest breast or expressed & lo's weight gain (fingers crossed) is going well.

I started to pump after every feed, if I'm having a day in the house I still do this. If LO has an expressed bottle or formula I pump if I'm not at a party e.g. Went to a christening on Sunday gave pumped milk. Generally LO gets an expressed bottle at 6pm as this is the only way she will go to dh or other family members on an evening.

I also found fenugreek helped bring my milk on ALOT I have to take tons of it though, I take about 12-15 capsules aday. Before fenugreek I could never hear LO gulping now I hear on every feed.

I still don't have the best supply but it's managed to keep me bf with only one expressed & one formula bottle a day for 18weeks. Considering the very bad start we had & weight loss/slow weight gain I can't believe we are still bf.

Struggling with this myself. Baby is a week old, but have to supplement 1-2 feedings a day as he wasn't gaining enough weight back just on breast. I don't have a breast pump yet, but should get one.

Drinking the mother's milk with fenugreek and blessed thistle but sounds as though I should up the amount.

I had this issue with previous child and usually had to give one bottle a day as I could never quite satisfy her. Looking to try anything that might help give me a boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->