Indecisive About Names!! UGH

LoveSanrio

Reaction score
One second I love a name, and I'm dead set on it....then a day or 2 later I feel like maybe it isn't the right name choice. Then a few days later I'm right back to the same name. It is driving me crazy!

I am starting to feel like this baby is never going to be named, and it is so annoying. I also really wish I could settle on something bc I honestly feel I haven't really bonded with this baby as of yet, and I thought her having a name might help with that.

I like names that are different. I am also not against surnames as first names, or naming a girl something "boyish". If I like the name, I like the name.

Anyhow, a name that I keep coming back to a million times is Collins. I love the name, and think it is so cute.

I like Collins Olivia, and Collins Avery. I think I have settled on her first name, then I move away from it, then back ect. ect. ect.!!!

Just ready to name this baby girl!

I know exactly what you mean!! We were the same with our first as well, and ended up deciding on a name finally a couple of weeks before he arrived... funnily enough it was not a name that we had even mentioned between us all through the pregnancy and then it just popped up and we both loved it!

Now with our second we are expecting a girl... we have said all along she will be called Ayesha but I keep popping in and out of baby name websites and changing my mind. It also doesn't help that I'm convinced we're having another boy despite being told at 16 and 20 weeks it's a girl... but that's probably just wishful thinking (if there are still no bits at 28 weeks I might just be convinced)

For now she will be called Ayesha but we reserve the right to change the name at any time if I fall in love with another name out of the blue :)

I hear ya! I think a lot of my problem is having 4 girls already! I feel like I have used all the baby girl names that I had in mind before, so now I am really having to go back and research what I like!

Maybe me feeling in and out about the name I have been thinking is a sign that it isn't the right name for her. Every other time I named a baby it was like the name just "clicked", and I knew it was the right name, no question.

Wow, four girls!! And another on the way... no wonder you're stuck on names! I'm one of four girls and my mum always just used to shout all four names one after the other when she needed one of us because she couldn't think which name she needed to use... mum is a bit bonkers though :)

BTW, I think Collins is lovely. It's different without being odd, if you know what I mean. Totally get what you mean about a name 'clicking' and for us it had to be the first name and surname together that made the name work (middle names are inherited from DH so the same for all) which I think is why I'm not wholly convinced about our choice this time round... but no alternatives as yet that have jumped off the page.

Hahahaha!! I do that too! I get my girl's names mixed up all the time! I usually say 2 or 3 before I get it right. It happens when you get frustrated LOL

The other name I have really been considering is Violet. I think it has a cute, but sophisticated feel to it. It also isn't extremely common, and is a bit of a power name. It works for a little girl, and would still be a name she could be proud of as a teen, and a grown woman. Our last name is McCall, so sometimes it can be difficult to come up with middle names to flow well.... but I was thinking Violet Isabella McCall.

I like Avery, I think that's so cute!
I know exactly what you mean, my OH and I cannot agree on names!! I just wish I could brain wash him into agreeing with me, as being female, obviously I am right;)
I'm having a boy and I like Aubin or Jude, but no, he hates them.
I just wish we could agree! I want to call my baby something other than "bump"! Xx

Just take a list of 2 or 3 to the hospital and see what feels right when she is born :)

Luckily my DH is pretty agreeable with the names I choose, and I love him for that. He does make it easier on me. There have been a couple he didn't care for, but for the most part he is easy to work with.

If we would have been having a boy, we both liked the name Judah.

I love the names you have picked out! Violet was in the running for DD but DH and I couldn't agree on anything. I don't know how we ever got her named at all and this time we are waiting for the 20 week scan to think too much about it. With any luck we can get a solid potty shot and only have to fight over a boy or a girl name instead of both.

I was just telling DH the other day that every name I think I like after a few days I start to question it. I think I over think it and then it just sounds weird just like any other word you say too many times in a row, then it just sounds like gibberish. ...Yes, I do odd things with my spare time. :dohh:

I know what you mean. I must admit I like your thoughts on the name Violet more, but thats just my opinion. I am going back and forth with the name Willow or Raven. Were an arty loving family and I like the more bohemian names but cant decide between the two. I wonder if Raven is a bit too way out or if she was Willow would she get called Willy! I just wrote a thread asking for views on this in the baby names section! x

I used to be a teacher and ran across a few Ravens and Willows, not many so it is still rare but not so far out there to be unheard of....at least in the US. I like them both. :D

Hahahaha!! I do that too! I get my girl's names mixed up all the time! I usually say 2 or 3 before I get it right. It happens when you get frustrated LOL

The other name I have really been considering is Violet. I think it has a cute, but sophisticated feel to it. It also isn't extremely common, and is a bit of a power name. It works for a little girl, and would still be a name she could be proud of as a teen, and a grown woman. Our last name is McCall, so sometimes it can be difficult to come up with middle names to flow well.... but I was thinking Violet Isabella McCall.

I LOVE Violet Isabella!

Just take a list of 2 or 3 to the hospital and see what feels right when she is born :)
I did that with my daughter Madisyn, but I kinda wish I would have had her named before then. I just couldn't settle on anything, so I would like to try and settle before then. Plus I feel like I need to name the baby so I can form a bond with the bump this time around. Maybe it is because I am so busy all of the time with my other 4 girls, but I feel I haven't really bonded, and I hope a name might help kick start the process. :)

I know what you mean. I must admit I like your thoughts on the name Violet more, but thats just my opinion. I am going back and forth with the name Willow or Raven. Were an arty loving family and I like the more bohemian names but cant decide between the two. I wonder if Raven is a bit too way out or if she was Willow would she get called Willy! I just wrote a thread asking for views on this in the baby names section! x

My sister's name is Raven, so I love the name! My sis is Raven Raquel.

I LOVE Violet Isabella!

Awww, thank you! It's nice to hear feedback on the names I am battling with. Violet is a strong contender for this babies name, and I really like the thought of calling her Vi for short. :flower:

WOW your sister is Called Raven? whats the chances! in the uk I dont think its really used as a name at all. Violet really is gorgeous Id soo go with that (it was on my list of names ;) ) x

Yep! Her name is Raven. She is my younger sister...my only sister. I am 30, and she is 24.

It isn't a common name in the US either, actually. I have never met anyone else with the name, but there was a character on TV named Raven. I love her name, I think it's beautiful!

I really liked Jaymz for a girl but my OH said no. We've picked Darcie if it's a girl that's almost the only name we can agree on. But I've got my own way with the middle name which will be India. Xx I like Avery and Collins, they're unusual but not strange xx:hugs:

I LOVE the name Violet! It's in the running if this bubs turns out to be a girl.

With our daughter, we couldn't agree on anything, one day my husband said Lilly and I was just like yes! That's it!
Hoping that happens this time too.

I think Violet is a great name! If you are looking for something more masculine, I know someone that named her daughter Charley. Thought that was cute too.

I think we will be ok if we have another girl as we had another girls name we like from last time. If it's a boy, I think my husband and I are really going to have to work hard to find one we both like. I am super set on Blake...we'll see if I can convince him!

Naming my daughter was easy, I picked out her name and from the gender scan at 15 weeks she was always Esmé. This time I decided to allow my hubby be more involved in naming so I said he could "choose" the name so long as I agreed. He picked Sylvie for a girl and Rainer for a boy, so in my mind I kept referring to them by these names. Then at our gender scan, we discovered, unexpectedly it was a boy and he suddenly changed his mind. He wanted to name him Theodore, or Teddy! I like both names but it caused confusion and distress for me at first because I had just gotten used to and accepted this other name. Sometimes I still catch myself saying Rainer and not Teddy. I think it's important you go with your instinct...he didn't, obviously, lol and now I'm in this situation where I need to accept a different name choice. I asked him why he changed his mind and he said he just had to envision his child as a baby, a boy and then a man and Rainer just didn't fit. Lol...I try to suggest you do the same thing. Say the name out loud to yourself, call it, does it feel natural, does your heart say, this is the name?

This time, we've also told no one what r name is, just ecause of that pressure....and I sure hope my husband doesn't change his name again! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->