Indecisive About Names!! UGH

Naming my daughter was easy, I picked out her name and from the gender scan at 15 weeks she was always Esmé. This time I decided to allow my hubby be more involved in naming so I said he could "choose" the name so long as I agreed. He picked Sylvie for a girl and Rainer for a boy, so in my mind I kept referring to them by these names. Then at our gender scan, we discovered, unexpectedly it was a boy and he suddenly changed his mind. He wanted to name him Theodore, or Teddy! I like both names but it caused confusion and distress for me at first because I had just gotten used to and accepted this other name. Sometimes I still catch myself saying Rainer and not Teddy. I think it's important you go with your instinct...he didn't, obviously, lol and now I'm in this situation where I need to accept a different name choice. I asked him why he changed his mind and he said he just had to envision his child as a baby, a boy and then a man and Rainer just didn't fit. Lol...I try to suggest you do the same thing. Say the name out loud to yourself, call it, does it feel natural, does your heart say, this is the name?

This time, we've also told no one what r name is, just ecause of that pressure....and I sure hope my husband doesn't change his name again! Lol

I have a friend called Reiner. (He is godson of Lemmy from Motorhead!) he is a great chap and think the name Reiner soo suits him and a great grown up name! I had that wrote down for boy as well as River or Roman. Another cool boys name is Logan (so biased as thats my sons name ;) )

I love Violet, it was one that stood out to me as well. Collins is so masculine - maybe it's just me and the fact that I have boys but my baby girl is gonna have a feminine, flouncy name.

We had picked out Isaac for a boy and both happily agreed on it - there's been a lot of to-ing and fro-ing now though and we're still not 100% decided on little miss. I liked Bethany and Catelyn, he likes Eve and Daisy.

I think Violet is a great name! If you are looking for something more masculine, I know someone that named her daughter Charley. Thought that was cute too.

I think we will be ok if we have another girl as we had another girls name we like from last time. If it's a boy, I think my husband and I are really going to have to work hard to find one we both like. I am super set on Blake...we'll see if I can convince him!

I guess it's not really so much as looking for something masculine, I just simply like the name Collins. I like girly names too, but really it just all comes down to either I like the name, or I don't. Charley is cute, although I like the spelling Charlee for a girl.... buuuuut my cousin's name is Charlie lol

Naming my daughter was easy, I picked out her name and from the gender scan at 15 weeks she was always Esmé. This time I decided to allow my hubby be more involved in naming so I said he could "choose" the name so long as I agreed. He picked Sylvie for a girl and Rainer for a boy, so in my mind I kept referring to them by these names. Then at our gender scan, we discovered, unexpectedly it was a boy and he suddenly changed his mind. He wanted to name him Theodore, or Teddy! I like both names but it caused confusion and distress for me at first because I had just gotten used to and accepted this other name. Sometimes I still catch myself saying Rainer and not Teddy. I think it's important you go with your instinct...he didn't, obviously, lol and now I'm in this situation where I need to accept a different name choice. I asked him why he changed his mind and he said he just had to envision his child as a baby, a boy and then a man and Rainer just didn't fit. Lol...I try to suggest you do the same thing. Say the name out loud to yourself, call it, does it feel natural, does your heart say, this is the name?

This time, we've also told no one what r name is, just ecause of that pressure....and I sure hope my husband doesn't change his name again! Lol

I sooooo get what you mean! With my other girls it was like their names just came to me naturally! I definitely DO feel that Violet would be a name that she would still love, even when she is 40. It really is a bautiful name imo, and I can envision myself yelling out "VI! TIME TO CLEAN YOUR ROOM!" Or something to that effect :haha:

I have a friend called Reiner. (He is godson of Lemmy from Motorhead!) he is a great chap and think the name Reiner soo suits him and a great grown up name! I had that wrote down for boy as well as River or Roman. Another cool boys name is Logan (so biased as thats my sons name ;) )

Love the name River, and Logan! If we would have had a boy we liked the name Gage a lot. Also, Judah, and Landon. Oh, and hubby and I have listened to Motorhead since we were both around 16 lol

I'm a huge fan of surnames as first names, although I never really realized it til this pregnancy, lol. This little guy is Maverick Willoughby: Maverick was originally a surname and Willoughby is DH's grandfather's last name. If he had been a girl, it would have been either Ainsley or Huxley--both last names. And 2 other girl contenders were Ripley and Starling (you know, Ellen Ripley and Clarice Starling? Lol) But Mav it is :)

I'm a huge fan of surnames as first names, although I never really realized it til this pregnancy, lol. This little guy is Maverick Willoughby: Maverick was originally a surname and Willoughby is DH's grandfather's last name. If he had been a girl, it would have been either Ainsley or Huxley--both last names. And 2 other girl contenders were Ripley and Starling (you know, Ellen Ripley and Clarice Starling? Lol) But Mav it is :)

LOVE all your names!! Gorgeous!

I think Violet is a great name! If you are looking for something more masculine, I know someone that named her daughter Charley. Thought that was cute too.

I think we will be ok if we have another girl as we had another girls name we like from last time. If it's a boy, I think my husband and I are really going to have to work hard to find one we both like. I am super set on Blake...we'll see if I can convince him!

I guess it's not really so much as looking for something masculine, I just simply like the name Collins. I like girly names too, but really it just all comes down to either I like the name, or I don't. Charley is cute, although I like the spelling Charlee for a girl.... buuuuut my cousin's name is Charlie lol

I sooooo get what you mean! With my other girls it was like their names just came to me naturally! I definitely DO feel that Violet would be a name that she would still love, even when she is 40. It really is a bautiful name imo, and I can envision myself yelling out "VI! TIME TO CLEAN YOUR ROOM!" Or something to that effect :haha:

Love the name River, and Logan! If we would have had a boy we liked the name Gage a lot. Also, Judah, and Landon. Oh, and hubby and I have listened to Motorhead since we were both around 16 lol

Really love Judah, thats an awesome name. Cool about motorhead! Reiner's dad was drummer in Hawkwind also! :)

I'm in the same position. I think I have settled on a name, and then two days later, I'm unsure and thinking of something else. Then a few days later, I'm back to loving the original name.

I haven't bonded with this baby yet (was hoping for :blue:) so like you, I'm hoping if we settle on a name, I'll feel more connected to her.

(I'm still hoping to hear :blue: at my appointment next week)

PS - love the name Collins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->