Indecisive - what do you ladies think?

JerseyRose

TTC#2
Reaction score
So we still have a bit of time to go and we don't find out the gender until Tuesday next week but I've been thinking a lot about names.

We're pretty certain that if it's a boy his name will be Levi Jayden (and we will nickname him L-Jay)

But girls names are so much harder!

We were set on having Amarni as the first name, but I grew up with people not being able to spell or pronounce my name and it was really annoying so I don't really want to do that for my daughter - even though I think Amarni isn't that unusual. I'd rather spell it like Amarni instead of Armani though because if we nickname her Marni it won't look like Mani when written down. I don't want people to say Armany (if you know what I mean)

My second favourite girls name is Jordan so maybe we could name her Jordan Amarni? Or do you ladies like Jordan Ava better?

I automatically though Armani like the brand which I personally find tacky (like naming your child Channel or Vuitton)

Jordan Ava sounds much more like a name

I automatically though Armani like the brand which I personally find tacky (like naming your child Channel or Vuitton)

Jordan Ava sounds much more like a name

Exactly what I thought!

Levi Jayden nn L-Jay is super cute!

Honestly I'm confused how you would pronounce Amarni as I was reading it as Ah-mar-nee, but then you go on to say you'd rather spell it like this as opposed to Armani which I would pronounce as Ar-mon-ee, which would be a completely different name...
nn Marni is cute too I think

I think I'd go with Jordan Armani (Ar-mon-ee)

Until I read your post I thought the name was for a boy. I like Amarni and Jordan but not together for a girl.

How about Ava Jordan/Jordan Ava? X

I think of the brand too, Marni on its own is gorgeous though.

Thanks ladies! I wanted to change the spelling of Armani (the brand) to Amarni also so people didn't think I was naming my child after the brand, I too think that is tacky! Just happened that I like that name that's all, and I wanted to nickname her Marni.

But I think I might go with Jordan Ava since most of you like that better :flower:

Marnie is nice, Jordan isn't my favourite as I only really know it as a boys name or the page 3 model, but I voted for it as like others I just thought Amarni was a misspelt fashion label!

I love the name Jordan Ava!! I would personally use this name - I love it! Levi Jayden, nickname L-Jay is adorable too!

I have learned from this site that some dialects add the "r" sound in there - which means Armani is pronounced Armarni. In the US, Armani would just be "Are-mon-ee" just like the brand. Honestly, I don't like the sound of it with the "r" in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->