Independent midwife

MrsBump1

Reaction score
So i looked into getting an independent midwife as i new that wanting a home birth after a c section was going to be a fight with the NHS. Looked into it and discovered there was no way we could afford one i was so upset. So booked with the NHS abd the fight began! After the traumatic birth of my DD i need this birth to heal those wounds which is why home birth is right for me. Well on facebook i "like" a page called 'Birth Without Fear', brilliant page that supports ALL types of birth where the woman is in control and empowered. I posted there for support and heard back from a midwife who said she would support me in my pregnancy and leading up to the birth to help me make the right choices and to know how to fight for what i wanted. Well we emailed a few times then spoke on the phone and we clicked right away the more i told her about my story with DD the more she was determind to find me an independent midwife and that she herself wanted to be my second midwife at the birth! Well she only managed to find me an absolutely lovely midwife who said we could pay whatever we could afford even if its only £50!! We meet her yesterday for the first time and she is just so lovely! Im actually looking forward to my birth now and cant believe how blessed we are right now :D

Have you done your research into this woman? I'd be very concerned about a private mw who would only charge £50. Lots of private mw's are returning to NHS roles because the cost of liability insurance is putting them out of business as they have to charge so much to cover their costs.

Sorry to be negative but I'm very weary of people who approach you - especially over Facebook.

Also can I say, I dont think you should be using this birth to heal the scars from your first birth. You need to confront what happened the first time round and deal with that. I'd suggest you ask for a debrief on your first birth and ask for an explanation of why it went the way it did and then seek counciling to digest it and come to terms with it. What happens if this birth doesnt go to plan? Are you going to have two more children to make up for the two bad births? Do you see what I'm saying?

I have researched into this woman indepth. Im not stupid after all. I didnt find her on fb, fb was the way in which i meet the OTHER midwife who wasnt offeri g anything but support at the time. The midwife we are using also works at the hospital i had my daughter. She is passionate about helping women have safe, healthy, happy births be it at home etc. At any time if im not happy with the care shes providing i can go ba k to the NHS.

Im also not nieve that things may not go to plan and i am prepared for that. I had delt with a lot of Mollys birth but it does matter to me that this birth be completely different if i can make it that way. I have done HUGE amounts of reseach into VBACs and i
Well aware of risks etc. This is definately our last baby no matter how the birth ends up being because like i said i am a grown woman with a great deal of commen sense!

I totally get ur concerns cos if u didnt know me it may seem a foolish thing to do from what uve read of my first post but rest assured i know my stuff :)

That is fantastic news! You can get on with enjoying the rest of your pregnancy now. Hope all goes well.

go girl!! lovely for u babe so pleased for u ive got a private midwife due to bad experience with DS births well afterwards mainly xxx hope all goes well for you you have my full support on your decided i know where your coming from

thats a lovely story! im so glad youre going for homebirth, what a brave decision :thumbup: i have faith in you :D im also tryingg for homebirth - but after a smooth normal delivery xxx

wow thats amazing , i would be having a indipendant mw if we could afford one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"