Induced? Freaked out by it...

firsttime83

Reaction score
My due date is tomorrow, and I know MOST first timers go late... but I am worried I will have to get induced. I hear it makes the contractions harder and it's really not ideal.

Looking for comfort/advice from momma's that experienced this...

Hiya
I'm afraid that I haven't had the experience of induction, but just wanted to give you hope. First time round I was like you in that I dreaded induction - I ended up going 11 days over and with each day I got more worried. In the end I realised there was little I could do if baby wanted to stay put. In the end, I had 2 sweeps, the second which worked! Hang in there - you have a while to go. I am also due tomorrow and have had no signs of this baby coming! I think I have even less this time around. Keep thinking positive :)
Rx

I was induced so don't have experience of natural labour. It was bad, but it was fast, which I think I'd prefer over a slow 3 day labour!

I feel the same way! I hope our babies decide to arrive within the next few days at least!

I was induced and it went great! 5 hour labour x

I was induced and it was miserable. I went to 42 weeks with my 2nd (as a result) and it was a wonderful natural labour. Usually induction when overdue is a "choice" (as opposed to an immediate medical need), so if you don't want to be induced, don't be afraid to opt for fetal monitoring or other methods to go overdue.

i was induced and went natural when it came to medicine it was intense but fast

you dont HAVE to be induced until you are a couple weeks over due. My dr tried to induce me on my due date... i fought and won. when i was 3 days over and about to head back to see the dr for a check i decided to walk the baby out. I went to my local walking track, i walked 2-3 miles... came home, had a nice warm bath and relaxed, then when DH got home :sex: Cramps started at 3pm, she was born at 2:15am... so my advice is to be ACTIVE and try to relax and have some :sex: :haha: If you do end up being induced, know that MANY women have very positive induction stories and if you end up way overdue, baby is likely safer/healthier on the outside :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->