Inducing Labor With Acupuncture :) stories needed

Still pregnant, lol! Today is my due date! I had several contractions yesterday, but they were irregular and didn't lead to anything more. I'm going back for my third acupuncture session in 2 hours. Fingers crossed! Thanks for checking on me :flower:

Girl im so excited for you!!! I tried and tried for a baby so I know how excited you are!!!

update when you can :)

I've booked my first acupuncture session for 40+3! They said it often takes more than one so I have left time for one the following week if it gets to that. Good luck Jensha, hope it works for you.

Hey girls! I think something might be happening! I couldn't sleep much last night because I had contractions all night, which had never happened before. I went to bed at 11pm, woke up at 2:40am, watched TV until 5am, went back to bed and now I just woke up at 8:30am because of a stronger contraction!!! I don't think I need another acupuncture session. I was also scheduled to see my midwife today and probably have a sweep. I hope everything will keep moving naturally. I'm super emotional as I can't believe baby girl has at last decided to come out! I'll keep you updated as much as I can.

Mjemma, my acupuncturist said it's better to do a session everyday up to 7 days. I hope you don't need as many though. It might work faster as you're starting a bit later than me. Good luck! Can't wait to read about your experience!

Morebetter, I TTCed for a year, so seeing that you TTCed for 2 years, I totally get that it's really special to be pregnant! :flower:

Seriously, I just LOVE acupuncture!!!!

Oh damn it! Contractions have slowed down. I'm going to take a nap and go to my appointments this afternoon.

Had acupuncture + a sweep. Feeling crampy with a little back pain.

Well, I think even though I feel like nothing is happening, the acupuncture has been working very slowly. At my midwife's appointment yesterday, I was 4 cm dilated! I had another session today and got strong contractions while I had the needles on me. Like usual, they went away an hour later. :/
But just now, I think I saw my bloody show! I'm really not sure what it's supposed to look like. Maybe it's a part of the plug?
My DH is going to give me an acupressure massage now! Even if it doesn't work, it's soooo nice, lol!

Eeeeek this is soooo interesting!! And 4 cm now means only 6 to go when labour starts properly. Which can only men things will move nice and quick right ?!? I think it's defo doing some thing for you, baby will be here in no time, when's your next session? Xx

Hey girls! So I had my last session yesterday (friday). I lost the mucus plug all day long (I never got to this point with my son as I was induced at 38 weeks because of growth issues. The plug is quite gross, lol). This morning, I had a lot of cramps and a sharp pain on my left lower side of the belly. I called the midwife and got to see her. She did a second sweep. Do you know what? I'm 5 cm now!!! I was like "what the heck?!" How much dilated can I be before the "real" labor starts! She said she saw another woman who was about 7 cm without being in active labor. Her story sounded like mine, being in labor on and off for several days. I never knew this could happen! My baby is also super low. She said + 1 (zero being totally engaged). She says once the active labor starts, she thinks it's going to go really fast! She is willing to come to my house if I can't make it on time to the birth center (30 minutes away)!!! Ah! I didn't plan for a homebirth, but I guess we'll did with it if we have to! So tonight I'm trying to get some rest. Maybe the sweep will do something during the night. An "on and off" labor is really exausting.

Once labour starts it defo will just fly! 5cm is amazing! Your half way there slready without contractions!! Very jealous ha ha. Get them towels ready just incase you can't leave home!
I've never lost plug with either of mine so still hoping it happens next time so I can see how gross it really is ha ha.

My baby girl has arrived!!! :happydance:
I'll eventually post my birth story but quickly, the waters broke in my bed at 11h30pm Saturday March 16th. The contractions started at 3am and by 4 am were already strong. I had my natural (yes ouch!) water birth!!!! Labor was a total of 6 hours including 1 hour of pushing. Minimal tearing. Born at 8h40 am, March 17th, 7lbs5 oz, 20 inches. Baby is perfect and I'm soooooo in love with her! :cloud9:

Eeeeeeek congratulations :) so so happy for you, and a lovely quick labour. So happy for you. Xx

Congratulations Jensha! I didn't need my acupuncture in the end as I went into labour naturally on my due date! Contractions started at the cinema at 4pm Friday afternoon and baby James was born at 8.16pm on Saturday, weiging 8lb10. Used birthing pool and gas and air but after 3 hours of pushing baby's head was stuck and had forceps delivery. Sore, tired, but would do it all again tomorrow! Good luck ladies x

https://instagram.com/p/XAIblRm_jd/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->