Induction - advice and positivity please

amanda111308

Mama to 3 boys
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I haven't been super active on here lately but I am 36 + 1 today and I am turning 30 today!! Weee! ANYWAYS I am facing induction set for Tuesday January 15th because of excessively high bps that could turn into pre eclampsia at anytime. Also this is my third baby and at this gestation everything with my health seems to go sideways... Baby is happy as ever but me? Not so much...

This is my 3rd induction and because of my awful track record with them (both of my labors were excessively long because my body fights inductions) I was hoping for some tips to help things along or how to be assertive enough with the staff that I do not want to be left in labor for too long or sent home unmonitored. My second son was born a few days beyond 36 weeks and he has some severe learning and speech delays and some behavioural issues that I honestly can't rule out are due to him being distressed from being left inside for too long when things were progressing and I was left unmonitored when I was sent home a bunch of times during the process... Can anyone out there relate to my issues? I am all for whatever method of delivery that will bring a screaming healthy baby into the world. I am not afraid of pain and will do what is needed and even though this is my third baby I haven't given birth in a long time and feel like a newbie all over again... Please help me calm down and make a plan!!

Were your previous inductions due to preeclampsia? The midwives told me that preeclampsia inductions tend to be much quicker ... and that was certainly my experience.

Were your previous inductions due to preeclampsia? The midwives told me that preeclampsia inductions tend to be much quicker ... and that was certainly my experience.

I wasn't technically pre-eclamptic but I was enduring severe hypertension/high blood pressure issues.

I have had 3 inductions and number 3 was the quickest but less ‘brutal’ than the second.

I had an agreement with my consultant that if my induction was going badly and I wasn’t progressing that I would have a planned but not planned c section.

I had a forceps delivery and very long and complicated induction with number 1, number 2 it was faster but I had complications. I had two midwives for number 3 and a lot of support. I find once your waters have been broken they won’t let you leave and they want the baby born within 12 hours really.

Good luck x

I have had 3 inductions and number 3 was the quickest but less ‘brutal’ than the second.

I had an agreement with my consultant that if my induction was going badly and I wasn’t progressing that I would have a planned but not planned c section.

I had a forceps delivery and very long and complicated induction with number 1, number 2 it was faster but I had complications. I had two midwives for number 3 and a lot of support. I find once your waters have been broken they won’t let you leave and they want the baby born within 12 hours really.

Good luck x
Were your little ones induced before their due dates? Or were you overdue?

Were your little ones induced before their due dates? Or were you overdue?

Eldest 2 weeks early, middle 1 week early l, youngest at approx term (40 weeks) they moved my dates a lot with the youngest.

Youngest wasn’t at all ready - she was also quite small.

I had gestational diabetes, all small babies though. I am small and no other health issues but placentas weren’t in the best condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->