induction is 34 weeks!!

catmummyof4

Reaction score
Hey everyone i have gallstones and been in hospital since sunday and im on really strong medication. Baby is measuring below the 10th centile and keeps havin rfm↓. They have decided to bring her out at 34 weeks! Which is next sat!! I cant wait however... i asked and he said that if my cervix is even slightly favourable then they would try to induce but if not it would be a cesarean section.
What im asking is for your experiances.. what made u hav baby early? Was u induced or cesarean? Did baby have to go to the nicu? For how long? Did u get to hold baby? Wat was your bonding like?? Sorry for all the questions i just really want to know! X

omg that's early.
I was induced at 36 weeks because of baby being below 10th. he was born on the 6th centile. my cervix was already 1cm dilated at the time, so had pessary 14 hours in it ended in a C-section. I didn't get to hold him until I was in recovery, he didn't have to go into nicu, he came home with me 2 days later.
I think that your little would have to though because of them getting him out at 34 weeks.
hope it all goes well. x

Hi
I don't have any experience except to say that the longer babe is in there, the better. I would've thought they'd try to keep her in as long as poss, monitor fm and give steroids to help with lung function.
Good luck.

Good luck! Sometimes longer baby is inside isn't better. If they're failing to thrive sometimes it is better to monitor them outside of the womb. Reduced movements and IUGR sound like good reason to induce.
No experience as my baby suddenly had a huge growth spurt so I went to 39 weeks in the end but best of luck

I think it all depends on the baby. She might need a little bit of extra care for a couple of weeks :thumbup:

Hope all goes well. I can't see them making a decision they hadn't full heartedly thought about. Good luck Hun!

34 weeks does sound early, but like others have said sometimes these things happen and baby may well be better out than in.
I don't have any experience but having worked on a nicu I just wanted to say don't worry as your baby may have to go there for a while. Whilst baby is there to be cared for just as much care and effort is put into ensuring that parents are still able to bond etc and try to get moms to the nicu as soon as it is safe to do so. Even if baby does need som extra support they do things such as kangaroo care (holding baby) ect which enables you to hold her/him and feel involved.
Good luck xxx

My son was born at 34 & 5. My water ended up breaking, but they were thinking about inducing me during to pre-e. He was able to breathe on his own but he did have SD, so that complicated things as soon as he came out. They gave him a bit of oxygen just to help his lungs. I was able to hold him but that was only because the warmer wasn't working, so they said it was the best way to warm him up. They said I was lucky to be able to hold him, that I wouldn't have if the warmer was working. He stayed in the NICU for two weeks for feeding issues. Bonding right away wasnt great for us but the SD I think really caused more issues with both of us and so things were rushed and scary. Good luck hun!
Also, some hospitals have a weight requirement before the let babies go home. My son was huge preemie @ 7 lbs 1 oz, but I have heard some preemies only staying because of weight. :hugs: I am sure everything will go perfectly

Thanks everyone for ur replies please note me and th consultants didnt make this decision lightly and she will defo be much bettr off outside in the world.
im not so fussed about her having to stay in th nicu im just worried about bonding. My mums crochet a blanket to go with her i will cuddle it for th next week and hopefully she will smell me on it. Hiphophooray what is sd?
Xx

Of course this is the right decisio, one this important would certainly not be made lightly!! We definitely bonded with DS while he was in the NICU, I will admit I was a little bit afraid of hurting him and seeing him with all those wires, but it was nice to have the nurses support in there as well. I used to take his NICU blankets home and sleep with them so it was like he was there with me. He would always wake right up when we got there and start screaming for us to hold him so he was definitely bonding with us as well :) The NICU is hard, but im sure you and baby will bond petfectly despite her being there. Once you get to take her home its incredible. Who knows, she may not need to stay long, or at all :) SD is shoulder dystocia- DS was 98th percentile and big in all the wrong places (due to type 1 diabetes)

I had spontaneous preterm labor at 34+6 with my first. He was in the NICU for two weeks, but no major issues. He was jaundiced and was slow to figure out feedings. He is a healthy, happy 3yo now. :) I hope that you and your babe are well!

I was born at 35 weeks so was my hubby. Both of us went home the next day. Fed fine & needed no help. He was 6lb 5 & I was 6lb 9. I hope everything goes well

I was just induced for pre-eclampsia at 35+6 baby had to spend 6 hours in nicu because of a cyst in her abdomen but has been with me since. I was 2-3 cm dilated so was induced my labour was 10 hours from water breaking to deliver but my little one was 50th percentile and eeighed 6lbs 5oz so that helped. It will come down to her breathing and temp control

Thank u for all your stories ladies i will b 34+2/3 when im started depending on when theres a cot free for me and that im excited but scared theres a long time in a week lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->