Induction tomorrow

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I've resigned myself to being induced tomorrow and I've gotta say I'm not really happy about it. My induction time is 8pm and I know that they'll send hubby home at least for a few hours while they wait to see if I progress. I hate the idea of being alone in hospital, especially while in pain. I know it sounds silly but I'm also totally freaking out about what to expect, from the tiny things like what will happen when I arrive at the hospital to what the induction will actually be like. It's making me feel really anxious and emotional already so I can only imagine what I'll be like tomorrow evening. So scared.

It's funny how much better I would deal if everything was spontaneous in this instance. Normally spontaneity and I don't mix well but something about not knowing exactly what will happen wih birth and just having to go through the motions was so much better. With our DS DH only had told leave for a few hours once he was born (between about 5.30-11) and that was great. I'd had him through all the scary bit then was in my newborn bubble when he wasn't there.

He did come back later than he said he would as he fell into a really deep sleep and didn't wake up when I called him. Multiple times. I was convinced he'd been in a horrific accident and died 😂🙈

Also need to iron out what is happening in terms of childcare with my DS. My parents were meant to be taking him but my mum has just gone back to work today (she works in Scottish school) so I don't know how that will work. Obviously if they send DH home he'll be with our son but someone needs to be here if he needs to leave in the middle of the night. Aaah! Logistics.

Mixed feelings - glad you've got a time and date, little one just doesn't feel like coming out. Maybe you'll get lucky and you'll be like my mom, waters popping as she got into bed day before induction! But on the other hand, I know how you're like me and want that natural labor. At least then you feel like it's "right".

I'm in Dr office right now waiting to speak to midwife about what day they're going to induce.

That's exactly it. I'm so happy that I'll be meeting him in a couple of days for sure but this is so not how I wanted it to go down! This is going to sound so silly but I really wanted to be able to do it all on gas and air again but I'm scared that because it's induction the pain is going to get intense far quicker and I'll cave. Especially if DH hasn't been there the whole time to tell me I'm doing great. So stupid.

I am RIGHT THERE with you... I requested Wednesday induction, and midwife is going to call me later today with my time. She checked me and is going to try the pessiary first.

Natural it let me have a slow build, wasn't just 0-60 pain -- I learned to breathe through and with my contractions. I'm scared they're going to come hard and fast and I'll cave too. I'm more scared of the epidural!

Gas and air isn't a thing in US, but I'm always incredibly jealous when I watch Call the Midwife, lol... it looks like it's a nice break!

Haha. It just took the edge of the contractions for me and made things so much more manageable. I'd done pretty well on my own until that point and I really was hoping for something similar. I am pretty terrified of an epidural to be honest but I wouldn't be surprised if I caved if the pain gets intense too fast! Gah.

Silver lining is we will have our babies soon!

I've had 2 inductions, and you really don't need to worry at all, it will all be much less worrying than you think.

When I arrived, they set it up in a bed, do some checks like BP, urine, foetal monitoring, go over history etc. Then they do a quick cervical check, and pop the pessary in. After that it's just a waiting game. They have always let me leave the ward, as long as I'm back in time for the next check (think they were two hourly? Maybe 3?) and then it was for foetal monitoring. And that went on until things properly kicked off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->