Infant gaviscon ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Charlie has been on gaviscon for a couple of weeks now and had really bad reflux before he was on it this is deffo helping him i can see sometimes hes still in pain with reflux a bit though but im now on the last box as my doctor only gave me 3 boxes and said see how he gets on im now really worrying that if he comes off it hel go back to normal and be in loads of pain again, anyone else whos babies are on gaviscon how long did your doctor say to give it to your baby for and how are you finding them on it ? xxx

summer is on it, and i didnt take enough on holiday with me :dohh: and as soon as she come off it she was been really really sick now we are home as she is back on them she is much better, when i went back to get more from the doc he jus said she will prob be on them until she is on alot more solids and less milk, them harmless to the baby so im not fussed how long she has to stay on them as they do really help her!

I have been buying it off the counter as our doctors is at the other end of the country (since we've moved). I was just thinking that I am going to see how he does without it for a couple of feeds and see if we can wean him off now he is on solids and taking 3 meals a day.

I have to say that the doc didn't offer much advice expect that it gets better when solids are introduced. I wouldn't have been able to take him off it even last week ago because he was taking very little by way off solids and still being a little sick.

How long does this take to help? Bren's reflux has been getting worse and worse. So I called the doc and he is now on meds for it. We just started it yesterday, so I don't expect a miracle, but when will I start noticing a difference. Poor baby has already spit up soooooo much today.

How long does this take to help? Bren's reflux has been getting worse and worse. So I called the doc and he is now on meds for it. We just started it yesterday, so I don't expect a miracle, but when will I start noticing a difference. Poor baby has already spit up soooooo much today.

i think i noticed a change pretty much as soon as i started charlie on the gaviscon i can tell hes stil got it but is alot better he doesnt cry as much and is not sick as much xxx

I noticed a change pretty much straight away as well - I went to to the surgery and asked the girl to repeat the persciption for me. I got 4 boxes and GP said see how shes goes if you think its improved her sickiness come back for more. Ring your quacks and ask how you get a repeat for it and say you've ran out if you have - you may be able to purchase one box in the mean time from your pharmacy also it will be worth a go going back to GP and asking for a larger perscription ...Im doing this tomorrow myself.

They have just put phoebe on this today my doc wants to see her in a week so dont no how long they have it for. What symptoms did your babies have? and did any suffer from constipation by taking it? been looking it up on the internet and on a forum for reflux at lot seemed to suffer for it. sorry for asking a couple of question in your thread :blush:

Noah started taking baby zantac yesterday and Ive already noticed a different, he's in a much better mood, SLEEPING during the day again, and not coughing/throwing up anymore! yay! :dance:

They have just put phoebe on this today my doc wants to see her in a week so dont no how long they have it for. What symptoms did your babies have? and did any suffer from constipation by taking it? been looking it up on the internet and on a forum for reflux at lot seemed to suffer for it. sorry for asking a couple of question in your thread :blush:
Caitlin will have gaviscon in all formula drinks - is it until about a yr old?

Caitlin appeared fine in fact happier with it - she coudl at least play on the floor without being fussed over because she'd been sick or even the fact we couldn't put her down fullstop because we knew her dinner would come back up!

Symptoms question ...Caitlins always been a sicky baby and yip the typical answer 'some are just sicky' 8 months old before a doctor paid attention and shut up with that answer!! Because of her age Caitlin was obviously on foods too and as above I couldn't even put her down to play because 99% of time milk and food would come up! Was mad!

my baby cryed all the time with it and seemed uncomfotable feeding hes be sick like every 5 mins through the day sometimes hed be sick 3 times during a feed and you could tell it was causing him load of pain and also he doesnt like it on his back lieing flat as its worse when there flat but now with the gaviscon hes load better and ive acually got him sleeping in his cot with the mattress raised before he slept in his bouncer every night xxx

So I skipped Gaviscon at one feed today and he was sick again :(
Guess he's going to be on it for a while yet.

I tried the skipping thing ....don't work lol!

Does no harm just makes him more comfy we all hate the sick feeling ;) did my head in at first fiddling with the sachets but soon got use to it

x

From day 1 Tabs was put on domperidone and ranitidine which are anti sickness drugs,they also help the food to digest quicker and is on a thicker feed (cow and gate comfort 1)
Anyway with all that at around5-6 weeks old it seemed to get worse so dr gave us baby gaviscon. if we mixed it with her feed it went 10 times thicker so was doing it with water etc and it definately settled her more but 2 weeks down the line she got wise and wouldnt take it with the bottle then started spitting it out when we used the syringe so for 2 weeks now she has only had it once! and i must say that she seems ok without it,although had to give it to her today as could hear her reflux going accross the room but she did get herself so worked up which i think caused it today.
If you think charlie is still unsettled please ask a dr about the 2 medicines as that will try to prevent it in the first place thus not needing the gaviscon so much :hugs:
If dr refuses get 2nd opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->