infant probiotics

JessyG

cautiously pregnant #1
Reaction score
We are just back from the osteopath who managed to release some of the tension in my wee girls skull hip and spine (from being breach) she said she was full of wind which we already knew and that we should try her on a probiotic to help ease her tummy troubles. I am going to speak to my health visitor tomorrow about them but has anyone used them and if so did they work. are they safe?

we have another session booked for monday as she thinks it may take a few to completely remove the strain from B. she has slept pretty soundly since getting home so hope it continues to improve!

Yes we used some as I has quite a lot of antibiotics and was breast feeding. I think they are safe to use. My baby was 7 months at the time. You need to get the right type for a baby though. I took my baby to a nutritionist so they were recommended by her and I ordered through the natural dispensary website. It was banana acidophilus.

I wouldn't personally. Might be a different story if LO ison antibiotics but even then I'd only give them with baby's doctor's approval. If baby isn't on antibiotics, I would absolutely not mess with their digestive system. It's very fragile in the beginning and introducing anything other than breastmilk (or formula if breastmilk is not an option) can cause all sorts of problems down the line. With probiotics, I'd worry that they throw off baby's natural balance and that their intestinal flora ends up worse than before. As far as my understanding goes, letting the digestive tract mature without intervention is about the most important thing you can do to avoid things like allergies, IBS, coeliac's and similar issues.

oh really. Thank you. The osteopath basically said her stomach is very uncomfortable for her and that it is likely that her gut doesnt have the right balance. she is in pain right now i feel i need to do something. she also said some babies dont just grow out of it like people keep telling me so i am scared she will never be able to deal with her wind or sleep for longer than 2 hours at a time.

We used the for our little one since he was about 1 week old. The brand we used is called biography and is made specifically for kids

I spoke to a 'baby whisperer' who suggested baby probiotics, but I asked my GP and she said they are only necessary if LO has been on antibiotics x

yes my baby was on probiotics and it didn't help for the wind. he was on long term antibiotics though for a UTI which is why I started using it.

if your LO is on comfort milk still (i think she is?) that has a probiotic added already to help with wind and constipation.

i used this one, expensive and not worth it in my opinion ...

https://www.pcpdirect.co.uk/Pharmac...11-Biogaia-Protectis-Probiotic-Drops-5ml.html

hmmm so confused. she knows B is on comfort milk so not sure why she has recommended them. i dont want to do anything to harm her i just want her to be comfortable and happy.

On a side note i was only up once with her at 4am for a small feed!

I wouldn't either. Guaranteed baby will grow out of colics, they all do. I've known plenty of kids and not one still has colics today. My dd is suffering too and has reflux on top of that so it's hell but I've been assured 1000x that its so very temporary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->