Infections and pain

Apres

Reaction score
Please don't read and run, I need help.

I woke up Monday at 3:00 am with this awful pain on my right side a few inches above my belly button and I could feel it on my back too. I call my Dr. and apparently the office was so busy he told me to take Tylenol every 4 hours and 2 Zantac and wait and if the pain continued to go in on Wednesday!

I tried doing that but by 11:30 pm I just couldn't take it anymore and went to the Emergency room. They did blood and urine analysis and it turned out that I have a urine infection. She gave me antibiotics to take 2 times a day for a week and a shot of phenergan

I got home at 4 am went to sleep, woke up yesterday feeling great. I had to go out at 5 pm yesterday and after 15 minutes of walking I get the pain again. It was coming and going all night and I woke up and the same.

I know I've only taken the antibiotics 3 times but should it still hurt like these?
It gets worse when I walk, is this normal with an uti?>

I;m debating whether or not to go back to the emergency room or my Dr or simply wait.

My Dr is kind of an a-hole. I had another one that moved hospitals so I got stuck with this one a week ago and he didn't seem preoccupied when I called Monday so I don't know if he will take it seriously now.

I'm sorry I don't have much experience with this. If I were you though I would go back to the emergency room. Did they do an ultrasound or anything. I know that if it is a bad UTI it can go to your kidneys. If it is getting worse I would go back. Better to be safe than sorry, especially since you are pregnant.

They didn't do an ultrasound, which I found odd because what if it's another thing on top of that?

I called my Dr's office and they are not picking up so I guess Emergency room again.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

I've had UTI/kidney infection years ago and you should go back to emergency room to confirm with another urine culture that the anti-biotics are working, BUT it can take a few days, especially if the UTI is in the middle stages, and not in the beginning. After the doctors make sure the anti-biotics are working, treat it like a pulled muscle, e.g. hot water bottle on the painful place, anti-biotics, paracetamol and a heating pad on and off...it will get better, but since you are pregnant, double-check that the anti-biotics are working (remember they aren't pain-killers, tho!)

best wishes

ps. forget the doctor, go to the emergency room!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->