infrequent bowel movement

babymama

Mom to Phoenix
Reaction score
My LO is almost a month old and he's not pooping as much as I read he should at this age. Last night I read that upto 6-8 weeks old, breast fed babies should poop often even after every feed. Phoenix goes once every 48 hrs (if that) He pees A LOT and his diapers are always full but where is the poo? Could it be that he's not taking in enough milk? We're seeing our doctor on wed but I'm wondering if any of you have experienced a similar situation with your LO.

apperently its normal for BF babies to not have a poo for days, longest with our LO is a week! i have no idea why but as long as there's loads of wet nappies its ok? hope that helps :hugs:

As spacecadet says, it's the wet ones that are important. Aaron used to only have one dirty nappy a week, that's quite normal for breastfed babies after the first few weeks. As long as he is getting plenty of wet nappies I don't think you need to worry. :hugs:

It's perfectly normal for BF babies to go a week or so without pooing, as long as they are having plenty of wet nappies. From the time she was born, Alyssa has only pooed 1 or 2 times a week, but has loads of wet nappies and is thriving.
x

my little girl stopped pooing every feed at about 5 weeks, she now goes about twice a week. My hv said its perfectly normal and because breastmilk is exctly what your baby needs there is very little waste

What they said!

Hebe went from pooing every feed in the first days to once a week to 10 days. :) She's back on her original form now she's started weaning.....:dohh:

Hannah was about 7 weeks when she stopped pooing after every feed but that made her only 1 week by her adjusted age. Don't think that counts in this situation though. She only poos every 3 or 4 days at the min. I thought it was really strange at first too but their body uses your milk so well that there is little left over so it doesn't go any where quick lol

I just read the other day in a book about pregnancy that breastfed babies use the milk so efficiently that it's normal for them to not poop much. It makes sense if you think about it--they put the nutrients to work so they aren't pooped back out as waste.

:)

I'm glad i read this thread, I was getting a bit worried that Brandon wasn't pooing a lot. He has loads of wet nappies though so I wont worry anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->