Ingrowing Toe Nail.....

hawalkden

Reaction score
I've got an ingrowing toe nail in my big toe and it's hurting loads. What can i do to get rid of it before getting it removed at the doc???

You can maybe go see a chiropodist? They are bloody sore, so you have my fullest sympathies x

yeah it's red and inflamed. Pussy too. Ive tried to cut it out with a lot of pain coming from it. It's my own fault really. It started when I was just about to have Isaac and I couldnt reach my toes so cut one end of the big toe and just ripped it off. So missed half the nail! Ive tried soap, sugar and water soaking a few times and the redness and the anger has settled but I know last last resort is getting it cut out but the thought of the numbing needle is going to kill!!!!! thats the only thing what's putting me off getting it removed is the numbing bit :\

you need to release the pressure and pus in it. not a nice job though!

You have my full sympathy they are horrid!!

I had 2 removed on each big toe about 4 years ago.... The pain from having it removed was horrid and they've grown back again the same as before, I've just grinned and bared it now as I'm to much of a wimp after last time lol

I dig it out sometimes and cut it probably not the best idea though lol

Hope it gets better xxx

It's weird :blush:... I enjoy the pain a little when I'm cleaning it and getting the pressure away. It comes and goes and if I don't keep on top of cleaning it etc it gets sore; I got the tweezers on the nail I needed to pull out but only got half of it :(!
Need to see how much it is to get it removed. Docs only do OAP appointment for feet. Even though I am Type One Diabetic. It could get a lot worse but not qualifed for the NHS treatment :(

Bathe them in really warm salty water. If you have a bad infection you really need antibiotics x

I have one too :( it kills. I just cut my nails and try to get enough of it out, I'm way too scared to get it removed though x

You can release the pressure of the nail by cutting a V into the white of the nail (the top). Do this with clippers or scissors. Do it in the middle and it should relieve the pressure to the inflamed side.

If you can dig out the part of the nail that's digging in too, that will help.

Other than that, bathe it in warm salty water as much as possible, dress with a clean bandage and wear roomy shoes, or no shoes at all.

As a preventative measure, never cut your nail shorter than the white part, and cut straight across the nail, not curved like with your fingernails, as it will only dig in again.

A doctor can sort you out with a mini operation, in which they remove a section of the nail, deaden the root there so that it doesn't regrow and bandage it up for you. I had it done after I had years of ingrown toenails, and haven't had any more since; and that was about 7 years ago :)

A doctor can sort you out with a mini operation, in which they remove a section of the nail, deaden the root there so that it doesn't regrow and bandage it up for you. I had it done after I had years of ingrown toenails, and haven't had any more since; and that was about 7 years ago :)

This.

Make a docs app hun best thing to do. I have had both sides on my big toe's done. had no problems since x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->