Ingrown toenails :(

Twister

Reaction score
Both my big toenails have become ingrown, I think it started about 6months ago whilst I was still pregnant. Not sure if they're infected or not, they only really hurt if pressure is applied or I wear shoes which are too tight/hard and it really hurts if I stub my toe. I keep putting off booking a drs appointment but its getting to the point now where I want it sorted. I've had a little look online so I kind of know what's going to happen, although the thought of potentially having my whole toenail removed freaks me out a bit. Especially if it doesn't grow back.

I'm just a bit worried about how long the process will take and whether its safe to go through with the procedure whilst breastfeeding. Anyone have any experience of this? Also how long will it take to get a referral after going to the drs? And what is the recovery like? I'm going away for 4 days in the beginning of April, just wondering if its best to wait till after that to get it sorted if the recovery is going to be painful.

They only do a "wedge" removal they take a section of the nail out and it does grow back the only bad thing is deading it to the point of not feelling it

one of my big toenails went ingrown. i put off the doctors for ages as my brother had to have both of his big toenails removed and im very squeamish :haha:

but it got that bad and infected i could barely walk. also the side of the nail split from my toe :wacko: it looked like i had 2 holes in my toe.

i ended up getting referred to a podiatrist who looked at it and cleaned it. she booked my in to have a bit from both sides removed. she said it was the only way to get it sorted as it would always come back (i had it for a few years)

well then i got pregnant so i had to cancel my appointment. i have since had a miscarriage but my toe is back to normal! i just bathed it in hot salt water every night, put a plaster on when i had to wear shoes but whenever i was at home i let the air get to it. i used to put a plaster on it at night but i realised it was making it worse.

i saw the doctor in sept but didnt get an appt until jan. and thats after she said it was urgent.

i know mine will come back as it does this alot.

i have no real advice for you really, but i hope everything goes ok for you.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->