Injectibles and IUI?

kjs1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had an appointment with my RE and we are going to try a 3rd IUI with clomid and trigger shot (progesterone suppositories in the TWW) in December but if that doesn't work she thinks we should move to injectibles with IUI. I am not really familiar with those and wondering if any of you have used them. She said it would be shots every day for 10 days? (Seems intense). Did you have any symptoms? Any tips for what to do or not do while on them? Also, any success stories? Thanks in advance!!

Hey, I did some research on the best treatment path for people with unexplained infertility. There was a study done that indicated that after 3 failed IUIs it is more cost effective to go to IVF than it is to do more IUIs with injectible medications. Here's the study here if you want to read!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19531445

Hey kjs, I am getting ready to start my second cycle of injectables and IUI. It's not as bad as it sounds with daily injections. I was on Menopur for the stims and Novarel for the trigger. I had an HSG done first to make sure my tubes were clear before spending the money on the stims. They can be expensive, but I buy mine for about 1/2-1/3 the cost from IVF Pharmacy. I get 30 vials for just over $1000.
I had a baseline US done then started with 2 vials a day for 3 days, had my estradiol checked to see how they follicles are doing; it should be over 100, but mine were slow growing. We did 2 vials a day for another 3 days before doing an US and estradiol and increasing to 3 vials a day. It took me 15 days to finally get 2-3 good follie's so I could trigger and do the IUI. It's really a trial and error every 3 days to see how the estradiol and follicles are doing and hopefully not overstimulate. I, too, was on 100mg progesterone suppository 3x/day because I do not produce progesterone as I should.
The actual injection isn't terrible, it's subq in the tummy, alternate left and right sides, try to take at or within 1hr of the same time each day, and push very, very, slowly. Sometimes I find when doing any injection, rub the site with the alcohol pad fairly rough and it numbs the site a little to help with the poke. My 1st cycle was successful, but unfortunately I miscarried at 5w3d after a very low and slow rising HCG, possible ectopic.
Good luck and baby dust to you! Maybe you will catch the sticky bean this cycle and not need the injectables.
:dust:

Hey kjs, I am getting ready to start my second cycle of injectables and IUI. It's not as bad as it sounds with daily injections. I was on Menopur for the stims and Novarel for the trigger. I had an HSG done first to make sure my tubes were clear before spending the money on the stims. They can be expensive, but I buy mine for about 1/2-1/3 the cost from IVF Pharmacy. I get 30 vials for just over $1000.
I had a baseline US done then started with 2 vials a day for 3 days, had my estradiol checked to see how they follicles are doing; it should be over 100, but mine were slow growing. We did 2 vials a day for another 3 days before doing an US and estradiol and increasing to 3 vials a day. It took me 15 days to finally get 2-3 good follie's so I could trigger and do the IUI. It's really a trial and error every 3 days to see how the estradiol and follicles are doing and hopefully not overstimulate. I, too, was on 100mg progesterone suppository 3x/day because I do not produce progesterone as I should.
The actual injection isn't terrible, it's subq in the tummy, alternate left and right sides, try to take at or within 1hr of the same time each day, and push very, very, slowly. Sometimes I find when doing any injection, rub the site with the alcohol pad fairly rough and it numbs the site a little to help with the poke. My 1st cycle was successful, but unfortunately I miscarried at 5w3d after a very low and slow rising HCG, possible ectopic.
Good luck and baby dust to you! Maybe you will catch the sticky bean this cycle and not need the injectables.
:dust:

Thank you so much for sharing this with me!! it makes me feel a lot better hearing your experience and that it is not so bad. I appreciate the injection tips too. I am so sorry for your miscarriage. I hope you are well now and will be keeping everything crossed for you to have a successful bfp very soon.

I am bummed because we have to skip the IUI this cycle as I am traveling next week and then doing a week long training at work the week I will ovulate. So trying again naturally but going to take progesterone in the LP again. I took it this month too and bfn at 13dpo today. I guess i am out. Now just waiting for my period to start.

hi ladies- I just got done with my second iui the day after thanksgiving. we have 2 babies back to back no problems at all. this time we discovered hubby sperm is low. first qui 2 mil and this round 11.5 so fingers crossed it worked and we used clomid. i will do one more iui but ill stop after that cuz its making me depressed after 19 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->