innotab or leap pad?

babydevil1989

Reaction score
i need to start getting organised for tobys birthday and the 'C' word! :xmas9:

so i was wanting to get him a innotab or leap pad but which one is better?! x

I love the leap pad , but my sister wasn't so impressed :( x

I got the girls their LeapPad's a month back and it is amazing.

I was going to get the innotab but I changed my mind and went for the LeapPad if I am right there isn't that much difference. They are for children 4-6 just like the LeapPad.

I've downloaded Chloe and Jaycee the sugar bugs game.

so with the leap pad you can download apps and things are they expensive?

it will be for tobys 3rd birthday - do your girls find it easy to use?x

Yeah they do. They love it. I've had them just over a month and I have only just changed the batteries and they've used them nearly everyday!

The apps are about £5 for most but when your buying the phonics and some of the learning games they can be more expensive but they would be the same price on the Innotab

hmm its soooo hard to decide! i think innotab 2 is coming out soon so will have to check that out too x

I agonised over this choice for ages lol! Read loads of reviews and decided on the innotab.

But then went to toys r us and tried one out and wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be! The touch screen didn't seem very sensitive and it was quite slow. My lo would have just got frustrated, but he is younger than the age its marketed for so they may not be issues for older children.

So in the end I got a used iPod touch from eBay for £39 and put loads of free and cheap apps on. Lo is delighted with it and my iPhone is getting a break lol!
:flower:

see an ipod touch was my first idea - i think i may have to go to toys r us and try them both out x

We were trying to decide yesterday, the innotab has SD storage so you can drag and frog videos and mp3s-you can't on the leappad

The leap pad has a camera-innotab doesn't.

And then upon the realisation that A had her iPhone 3GS, it seemed pointless. I would second the iPod touch, you'll get more for your money in the end. A would be lost without her apps (some of which are leapfrog) and YouTube /Vevo :rofl:

hmmm.....my friends just offered me a leap pad hardly used £30!!! think my choice might have been made lol x

Well at that price I prob would :haha: sucker for a bargain me :rofl:

I have been thinking about this too, I am more likely to go for the innotab so we can add things on the SD card and we have also get a kiddizoom camera so that would work with the innotab.

Wow bargain, I would snap that up too :)

i think i will! lol!

only trouble is i wont be able to wait til his bday on nov!! (honestly he would have it by next week lol!)

^tell me about it, we've just bought A's birthday presents and I'm
Itching to play with them :rofl:

A few weekends ago my husband bit th bullet and Converted to apple, bought two iPads, I also bought lo a leap pad, he is only 2, but it's been fab, he can't understand some of the apps, but he loves it and keeps his attention, which most things don't, so when oh and I are on our doing things and he wants to play, I just tell him to play with his iPad and he loves it, I fairnes he gets much more entertainment from my iPad, but they are paid apps which are more age appropriate. But I couldn't trust him to play alone with our iPads and if he had his own it wouldnt last. Whereas the leap pad is very solid and survived him so far.

The downfalls for me were that apps are expensive for it. At least to me they are expensive. But it's been great for us.

If your child is older and careful then an old iPad may be a better option. Apps are cheaper and can get everything. Any app he has on his leap pad I can get a similar thing on my iPad, most free. Plus you can watch films etc.

Oh yes batteries, so far I have changed batteries every six days on the leap pad. Arh, I guess he switches it on and doesnt use it. Sick of changing its batteries though.

Oh yes batteries, so far I have changed batteries every six days on the leap pad. Arh, I guess he switches it on and doesnt use it. Sick of changing its batteries though.

That was something I heard on the reviews that really put me off.

I do really rate the apple products and the app store, there is so so so much that benefits children on there. Thanks to Jobsy A learnt to wave and other things she wouldnt concentrate enough with us. It seems that these products draw a child in and make them want to watch and learn. They are really recommended.

He is sooo not careful or gentle lol!

I think id get rechargable batteries rather than kerp buying them - i think il get the one my friends offering - even if we dont get on with it we can just sell it on thanks girls x

I bought Lyla an Innotab at christmas, tbh, she hasnt really used it and is far more interested in my iPad

The twins have used their LeapPad's every day and I've only just changed the batteries on them and we've had them over a month!!! I don't think it's bad at all. I am using energiser and I bought a bumper pack when I got their LeapPad's.

The leapPad is designed for a child and only an adult can download apps as it has to be connected to the computer in order to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->