Inside Death Row-Did you watch? -Opinions.

I work in law enforcement. During my career I've had various secondments throughout different sections of crime management including working at the courts!

But mostly detecting crime and our goal us also to reduce crime! So believe it or not I would love to see a change in the justice system! My point is some offenders do not and will not agree to support. I have also experienced working with offenders who reoffends and do not go to rehabilitation for there problems even tho appointments are set in place and on occasions it's a court order! It doesn't seem to make a difference but again I have to highlight that it's not everybody it's just most of the people who come to the attention of the police.

To be honest with you this is a huge passion of mine and I was very reluctant to come onto this thread but couldn't help myself!!

I may sound like I'm being very negative but it's not without trying. I've also done work with young people to try and get to the root of the problems and they openly tell me that it's a mixture of not having enough support and the justice system being too soft!

It is proven though that harsher systems do not work, and do not act as a deterrent. I think it is quite sad that some people would prefer to be in prison than out of it, it says something about the society they come from.

Agree that not everyone will want to change and will refuse the help available, but maybe it should be pushed even more from the minute they get into prison, not just outside. From what i've heard there is minimal support whilst in prison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->