Inside Natures Giants

SisterRose

mummy to 3 monkeys
Reaction score
Anybody watching this? I watched all of the ones on last year too. Very interesting to watch and see how evolution has taken place over millions of years.

The shark one last night was particularly interesting! I love sharks, I've watched every program on TV about them and my dream job would to become a marine biologist. :thumbup: I just find them amazing, how they've evolved over millions of years, survived and bettered themselves to become Apex predators. One of my life ambitions is to cage dive with great whites, I'd love it!
I especially love the clips of great whites breeching the water, who'd have thought a creature so large would look so graceful leaping out of the water, always looks beautiful! also shows what immense power they have in their tail fins. I wouldn't like to be on the recieving end of that.

It made me cringe when the woman disecting the shark explained in blunt detail about the sexual organs of male and female sharks and what they were used for to that boy. I was expecting her to sugar coat it, when she blurted out "This is basically their penis and they stick it inside the females vagina and release the sperm to fertilize the eggs" (not 100% accure :haha:) I bet that poor kid went home with a list of questions to ask his parents. :rofl:

This is one of my favourite clips of a shark breeching, the slow motion makes it beautiful to watch. Attenborough <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHnS8_0da6A​

I've seen it advertised recently, OH watched it before and I think I'm going to watch it this time. It does look really interesting.

Is this a BBC production?
They do the BEST nature docs.
I loved Attenborough's Life of Mammals, Life of Birds, and more.
If you can handle the tragic parts, Sharkwater is a documentary that you might really like.

I missed the very very start .. im a bit confused i saw the shark trapped in a net did they catch it just for the programme to be dissected ???

Did learn alot though.

I also missed the very start Arcadia, but heard them saying that it'd regurgitated it's own stomache from being trapped in the net. I'd really hope they didn't catch it just for dissection, I'd hate to think! I'm gonna assume that it's just one poor shark that got caught in a fishing net that they were then allowed to dissect.

I clicked onto this and turned it right of. That poor shark died so we could sit a watch a programme:growlmad:

That's awful if that's the case! I was under the impression the poor thing had just swam in to fishing nets, which is a sad case in itself and then once the shark had been found and bought back it'd been given to the researches to dissect but they didn't have any influence in its death.

I found this information on yahoo questions about it - https://webcache.googleusercontent....they+kill+the+shark?&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

If they're right it backs up my theory and the Shark was just unfortunate enough to swim in to a net.

If the researchers for the actual show actually capture and kill the animals they have on the program - to me, that's a different matter and I wouldn't be keen on watching it either. I remember last year the whale that they dissected was just a whale that'd been washed up on the beach, if I remember rightly they couldn't find any reason for its death. I think it was just another unfortunate incident!

X

I think these programmes are absolutely amazing. So educational and I think we should all learn things about the nature thats in our world.

I'll definately be watching all future programmes :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->