Insomnia second night in a row!

ParisJeTadore

Mum to my beautiful kids!
Reaction score
It's 1 am and I am still awake. What is going on?! This is the second night in a row that I go to bed (roughly around 10pm) and can't fall asleep until after 230 am :wacko: To make matter worse, I'm sick with a bad cold and need all the sleep I can get to recover.

Is this pregnancy related?? I am starting to get really frustrated and am so exhausted...I just want to sleep! I have suffered from insomnia maybe a handful of times in my life but it never lasts more than one night and I am back to sleeping soundly.

Anyone else going through this? Any advice for getting and staying asleep? :sleep::sleep:

Sounds terrible. I am falling asleep early every evening, sleeping until about 10pm and then staying awake till 2am. Then I'm wide awake at 6am. It's weird. Maybe see if you can nap earlier so you at least get two chunks of sleep? I hope you get some good sleep soon.

I've also been having insomnia since the 2nd trimester. I've just been really uncomfortable and keep waking up during REM sleep. I just try to take naps as much as I can because I know I won't be able to sleep through the night regardless if I nap or not.

I'm also having insomnia and its defo pregnancy related for me :(

I've never had insomnia in my life and loveeeee my sleep, usually one to fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow but the last
Week or so I've been awake for hours at a time and also been taking longer than normal to drop off

Keep getting this annoying restless leg syndrome too which then keeps me awake as I'm constantly turning over and changing sides - the joys lol x

Trudie, let me know if you find anything that helps. I am almost beside myself with exhaustion. I am usually a great sleeper who has absolutely no problem falling asleep at night so this has really thrown me. Can it be hormonal? It's not like I'm that big or uncomfortable yet.

I would love to nap but with two little ones to care for during the day it's not an option.

Here's hoping we sleep soon!

I just started having insomnia. I was sleeping good 12 hour chunks during the first trimester (I blamed it on the awful morning sickness I had - felt so much better to just sleep it away lol) but as soon as I hit the second trimester, it was like a lightbulb turned on. I've been having trouble getting to sleep and then staying asleep. I wake up about 6 am every morning and toss and turn for an hour before I finally manage to get back to sleep for another couple hours when my kids wake me up.

Ive had insomnia for weeks! Its driving me insane! Ive heard you can take Unisom but that scares me so Ive just been dealing with it. Ive tried everything else! Nothing seems to help.
Im also dealing with restless legs and bananas have always stopped that for me but now it seems like I get worse after eating a banana?

LLawson, I'm sorry you are going through this. It's truly awful, isn't it?! I have managed to sleep the last two nights but am so behind on sleep feel just as lousy this morning :wacko: Things that seem to be working and can't hurt to try: a really warm cup of milk before bed, a funny show to watch before going to sleep, and doing a insomnia hypnosis (I downloaded an app) right before bed. It might be an uncontrollable hormonal thing, and if that's the case, I really hope it gets better for you soon!

Thanks Paris!
I had another sleepless night!
The doctor did tell me to try warm milk but I hate milk! I say I may be able to get some choc milk or hot choc down and she said NO stay away from those cause they have Caffeine. I never thought about that. LOL

Hi ladies, I've just came over here from First Trimester.

I must say I fell your pain, it's been around 5 nights now that I just can not get to sleep until 2:30-3:30am. It's becoming a nightmare. I have a toddler to look after during the day times and he requires a lot of energy - As do my other children.

Is there anything the doctors can prescribe for pregnancy related insomnia? It's starting to ruin my life. :cry:

LLawson, what about strawberry milk?:shrug:

Lost, so hard when you have other kids to care for. I am struggling and still sick likely due from sleepless nights. This pregnancy stuff can be so rough!

I would talk to your dr about what is safe for sleep. I know some women take Bendryl or Tylenol PM but I would check first.

I hear you, it's been going on with me since 9-10 weeks and I'm so over it. I fall asleep just fine but wake up at 3-4 am and it's so hard to fall back asleep! Unfortunately it's pregnancy related as Mother Nature wants to prep us for baby waking up and night feeds.

It sucks cause the next day I'm a zombie and have to care for my son, and this was my "oh last few months to get some sleep in!"

Maybe try a low dose Benadryl it's very safe for pregancy.

Lost7, Everyone is saying Unisom is safe but I dont like taking any sleep aids when Im not pregnant so I dont want to now. Maybe you could try the warm milk.

I've tried warm milk, counting to 100, reading, being bored out my mind and nothing settles me. I don't think we have that over here either.

The nights that I couldn't sleep it didn't seem to matter what I did, nothing worked. Which leads me to believe that this is strictly hormonal and can seem to strike at any time. That said, for those nights when the ability to sleep is there is doesn't hurt to aid it along any way you can.

We don't have as many adventurous options as in the US but we do have strawberry and banana milk. I found a recipe online. Might be worth a try if you are feeling up to it (and super yummy too!):

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/223462/simple-strawberry-syrup/

Tell me about it! Wait till u get to third trimester!! Good times...

This is the first time I have dealt with this and I am on my third pregnancy!

After two blissful nights I had another lousy one last night :cry: 1am, 2am, not even sure what time I finally fell asleep only to be awoken at 7am. And this crazy cold just won't lift...! So tired and tired of feeling horrible. Rant over.

I say roll on birth! :shock:

At least then I will be doing something constructive with my time, changing, breast-feeding etc.. and of course getting cuddles!

I finally slept last night! This is my fourth child and first time Ive experienced Insomnia also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->