Insomnia......yuck!

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm just having a moan because for the 2nd night on the trot I can't sleep. I had a lot on my mind yesterday and I thought that had all been worked out as I was fine today, but obviously that wasn't it! Last night I got about 3 hours in the end. Slept for an hour or so today but now, I'm wide awake.

Bubs isn't helping.....every time I go to lie down I either get pummelled or my lungs are interrupted.....grrrrrr!

My Mum didn't really go to bed for the last month of her pregnancy....just sat watching old movies eating horrible sandwich combinations apparently! .....but surely I'm too early for that! I've also read that the earlier you start with the insomnia and inability to lie flat in any position, the bigger your baby will be at term......eeek!

Anyhow, moan over, I'm off to make myself a horlicks.

Sleep well ladies, I may be here a while! :growlmad:

Poor thing! I'm in the same position really. Obv, as still awake, lol.

Last night though i had the best night sleep i've had in agessss and was really lovely as dont remember waking up once!
And now i'm back to not being able to sleep. Sucks so much!!

Yep still here! I hate not being able to sleep though, I can normally sleep through anything!!!!

Sorry you're up too hun :hugs:

I hope you get some sleep soon I am tossing and turning a lot now.......... I think the further along I get I'll hit the same thing. Pop in a good movie or read a juciy book? I hope you get some rest soon!

Finally went back to bed at about 2.45....asleep by 3, then up again at 7.30. And I'm wide awake! How does this work? I thought that you were supposed to be tired when you're pregnant, not stupidly awake. I hope that I can sleep tonight.....busy day tomorrow. Off to the birth centre and really want to be awake! :dohh:

I had a rubbish nights sleep last night aswell ! There is nothing worse..... Hope you get some good nights sleep tonight xx

I normally sleep like the dead. But my sleep has been awful over the last few weeks. If i am not getting up for a wee, baby is wiggling around or I am waking up on my back in pain :( I think that it is our bodies way of preparing for not sleeping well once bubba is here. It is very very pants :(

I haven't been able to sleep for weeks I am so so tired all the time and fed up. I really hope you're wrong about the sleeplessness meaning big babies!!!

Can I join your club? My sympathies to you all.
I find that its' the getting off to sleep that's difficult. As soon as I lie down and try to relax I start worrying about everything - career, coping with baby, money. Finally drift off after a few hours of this only to be totally chilled out again the next morning!
What's that about??
I hope there are some good films on telly at night over then next few weeks...

my problem is that I do want to sleep I am so so tired but it just hurts my belly as I've only ever been able to sleep on my belly and I find lying on my back or side really sore and uncomfy

It takes me forever to fall asleep and then i toss and turn all night, not able to get comfortable and baby kicking etc - its awful :-(

I've given up with sleep and it isnt fair. Its my fave thing in the world and I really really miss it!!

I find myself yawning uncontrollably at like 8pm, struggle to stay awake, yet the second I get in bed, I a) cannot get comfortable, b) my insides get battered constantly and c) cant fall asleep for love nor money... its got to the point now that I'm still up at 3am every single night, but like you Aimee, the second 7am comes along, I'm wide awake.
I just dont understand it.... come back sleep, I miiiiiissssssss youuuuuuuu

I've given up with sleep and it isnt fair. Its my fave thing in the world and I really really miss it!!

I find myself yawning uncontrollably at like 8pm, struggle to stay awake, yet the second I get in bed, I a) cannot get comfortable, b) my insides get battered constantly and c) cant fall asleep for love nor money... its got to the point now that I'm still up at 3am every single night, but like you Amy, the second 7am comes along, I'm wide awake.
I second that!!

Oh, tell me about it. It has been ages since I had a really good night's sleep, but the last few nights have been horrible. I know I have been up at least 4 or so times to use the bathroom, and then when I get back into bed, I toss and turn:(
I also realize it isn't going to get any better from now on. The only thing I can do is force myself to stay up later so I pass out from exhaustion, but it makes it that much harder when I have to get up. I hate not sleeping and this is certainly a prelude to what will be coming with LO:shrug:

I find myself yawning uncontrollably at like 8pm, struggle to stay awake, yet the second I get in bed, I a) cannot get comfortable, b) my insides get battered constantly and c) cant fall asleep for love nor money... its got to the point now that I'm still up at 3am every single night, but like you Aimee, the second 7am comes along, I'm wide awake.

I third that!! Been like this for weeks now and its driving me mad!

I said today I cant wait to have baby and get back to sleeping well .... LOL eh what was I thinking .... There is probably going to be less sleep when LO arrives lol.

May be selfish of me but I'm glad I'm not suffering alone ladies....at least I wont be the only one on here at 3am!! :blush:

Sorry we're all suffering though....I just can't lay down in any direction. I finally went to bed last night and my ribs were so strained they were cracking. I'll be glad to get bubs out and get my body back!!!

Hopefully I wont be on here into the wee small hours tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->