Insomnia

butterflywolf

Reaction score
Usually (before pregnancy) I could fall asleep within 5-10 mins and be out for the night. Well this past week I can't sleep. I lay in bed and that's it. I'm lucky to reach REM cycle once a night. Twice if I'm real lucky. I'll be talking to my doctor/nurse tomorrow and see if they okay me to take Unisom because I cannot go on like this. Taking care of a 15 month old and needed to try to sleep every two hours isn't working.

I have tried:
hot bath
exercise
warm milk (disgusting)
I cannot try tea (I throw up if I drink tea)
meditation
making sure the room is at a nice cool temp
and a few other things that I just can't think of.

Anyone else have insomnia this bad?

My problem isn't falling asleep, it's staying asleep. I sleep for an hour or so at a time with a few exceptions. Started shortly after O. I bet unisom would be ok to take. Def ask your dr though. Good luck!

Usually (before pregnancy) I could fall asleep within 5-10 mins and be out for the night. Well this past week I can't sleep. I lay in bed and that's it. I'm lucky to reach REM cycle once a night. Twice if I'm real lucky. I'll be talking to my doctor/nurse tomorrow and see if they okay me to take Unisom because I cannot go on like this. Taking care of a 15 month old and needed to try to sleep every two hours isn't working.

I have tried:
hot bath
exercise
warm milk (disgusting)
I cannot try tea (I throw up if I drink tea)
meditation
making sure the room is at a nice cool temp
and a few other things that I just can't think of.

Anyone else have insomnia this bad?

Yes, yes, and yes. I'm so over it. I have had it for two weeks. I can't get to sleep even though I am so exhausted, and then once I get to sleep I am up all night. I am told that its the body preparing us for waking up with a baby. I definitely wouldn't think that it would start this early though?! I try to take a nap in the afternoon, and about 50% of the time I can sleep for 30 minutes. It's so hard to function when you are tired all the time. I have it easier than you though since this is our first child. Hope it doesn't last all that long for you!

Me, me!

I've had trouble sleeping and staying asleep since I conceived pretty much (and I didn't know I was pregnant). The week before my period was due, I couldn't get to sleep and then I would wake up for 1-2 hours. Ugh. I'm now 9.5 weeks, it's a bit easier to get to sleep but I still have trouble staying asleep. I haven't found anything that always works. I've tried:
1. Watching tv
2. Glass of milk -cold
3. Eating tums/rolaids (lately I wake up with a flu type feeling, this helps with it a bit)
4. Drinking water
5. Deep breathing

This is my first pregnancy so I was very concerned but my friends assure me it's not unusual. Just tiring and really frustrating. Sigh.

I hope someone else can suggest something. My husband has started sleeping in Another room so I don't disturb his sleep because of my tossing and turning.

I should add: I seem to wake up between 3-4am without fail. Then it takes 1-2 hours to fall back asleep.

I should add: I seem to wake up between 3-4am without fail. Then it takes 1-2 hours to fall back asleep.

This is me!! It's always around that time that I wake up too! Then my brain starts going and I am wide awake.

ugh i hate tea... especially the smell.

to stay on topic, i had insomnia alot in my beginning weeks and now it justs comes and goes once every week or once every two weeks. it also depends on any stress im having the same day.

because of insomnia, i would get up at around 2 every morning and just do homework... all the homework that i usually do last minute... then once im done, i fall asleep pretty easily. plus with insomnia, i usually fall asleep by 5 am or 6 am anyway no matter what. another thing that helps me is laying on my tummy and browsing on my laptop. i get knocked out instantly without even having insomnia. its strange but works everytime.

Thanks ladies for sharing your stories with insomnia!

I am pleased to report last night I slept wonderfully! Woke up 3 times total. Once due to having to pee and had horrible nausea enough to go eat a bit. Then woke up but fell back to sleep quickly. Then had to pee again and had nausea again but each time I went back to sleep it was rather swiftly. Yay! Keep this up!

I'm going to wait on calling my doctor to see about Unisom. See how this week goes. I know I am so close to when the placenta starts to take over. Just a few more weeks.

I'm the same :( Struggling to fall asleep and then struggling to stay asleep :( x

I have a harder time falling asleep too. I'm typically out like a light within 5 minutes, but for whatever reason it just takes longer to fall asleep since conceiving. I'm glad your sleep was much better last night butterflywolf! :thumbup:

I have a harder time falling asleep too. I'm typically out like a light within 5 minutes, but for whatever reason it just takes longer to fall asleep since conceiving. I'm glad your sleep was much better last night butterflywolf! :thumbup:

Sounds like me. XD Oh want to sleep okay *clonks out*. It still takes a little bit for me to fall asleep now I'd say about 10-15 mins but I can live with that. I even was able to nap for almost 90 mins. Woot! Sleep never felt so good lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->