Insomnia

Lauren999

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Is anybody else struggling with insomnia? I have 9 more weeks to go and I am seriously grumpy because I spend a few hours awake every night. I get really angry with my hubby because he sleeps while I'm awake (extremely unreasonable of me, I know!). Has anybody tried anything that actually helps insomnia?

I'm going through the same thing. At first I thought it was because I took naps during the day, so I stopped doing that. But I still can't fall asleep until 4am & then I'll have to pee in the middle of the night and can't fall back asleep. My face is swollen & I look like crap :cry: I can't wait to be able to sleep again.

Oh oh! Pick me! :cry:

I've been suffering from insomnia for the past month. If I fall asleep I'm up to pee literally every 20 mins. On top of that I have SPD so my hips ache all the time, or the babies moving, or I'm horribly itchy, or a slew of other things. I've been up for hours the past wk just staring at the ceiling on the verge of tears. It really is a horrible thing :(

Oh oh! Pick me! :cry:

I've been suffering from insomnia for the past month. If I fall asleep I'm up to pee literally every 20 mins. On top of that I have SPD so my hips ache all the time, or the babies moving, or I'm horribly itchy, or a slew of other things. I've been up for hours the past wk just staring at the ceiling on the verge of tears. It really is a horrible thing :(

I feel you! And when people tell me they slept sooo well in their last trimester, I'm like HOW?! Haha. I slept way more in first/second trimester, even with my morning sickness :( Now, I'm lucky if I can get a good sleep in for more than 2 hours.

I guess in a way its a good thing because it is preparing us for the LACK of sleep, once the baby is born. :winkwink:

I went through a phase where I would wake up at 3 am every morning and couldn't go back to sleep but so far in my last couple weeks I've been sleeping like a brick minus the 5-7 potty breaks.

I went through a phase where I would wake up at 3 am every morning and couldn't go back to sleep but so far in my last couple weeks I've been sleeping like a brick minus the 5-7 potty breaks.

Only 5-7?? You're lucky!! If I go to bed at 9 I'm still up at 934 to pee, rolli around to find a comfortable spot just to get up to pee at 1015. It's a vicious cycle.

Same here!!! Sleep has become so uncomfortable, other than the tens of times im up to pee I am awake every night from around 3 to 5 sometimes 6 then gotta get up at 6:30 to get kids ready for school and take care of the littlest one!! and when im actually sleeping im tossing and turning constantly to ease the hip and side pain.
Also...as much as I love feeling this baby, as he gets heavier each time i switch sides I can feel him like a bowling ball sliding down to the side im laying on and so much heaviness gets on that side..do I make sense?

I do! This insomnia has plagued me my entire pregnancy. I haven't slept well in months now. Most nights I'm lucky if I can get to bed before 4am. One night I didn't get any sleep at all, finally fell asleep at 9am :/

I'm sorry, I really have no advice, otherwise I'd try to help us both

In case it might help anyone... my OB says unisom sleep tablets are safe during pregnancy as well as benadryl which is for allergies but it makes some people very sleepy also. Good luck! Hope everyone gets the sleep they need.

I suffered with this late 20's pregnant but since hitting 30's I've slept solidly most nights. My DD sleeps 15 hours a night and I have been too. I'm 32 weeks and I haven't hit that 'need to pee' in the middle of the night stage yet. I'm lucky!

Yep. I'm stuffy, I'm hot, I have to pee every 40 minutes, she's always in an uncomfortable position, my hips and back hurt... And my son is up at the crack of dawn. So yeah, I don't see much sleep anymore. I'd say I can't wait for these next 8 weeks to go by, but I know how much worse it is when you have a newborn!

I feel for you guys, I had pregnancy insomnia the whole time last time, once I started maternity leave on napped in the day a bit, but never really slept well.
This time aside from weeing at night I sleep like a log for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->