Insomnia

auntsas

Reaction score
I am having a terrible time with insomnia notice it's 3 am ask am typing this have been awake for an hour! I am exhausted all day but wide awake Atleast 3 hrs every night. What are you ladies doing to help you sleep? I had this insomnia with my 1st pregnancy too. I am 10 weeks yesterday

I had the same, it's a little better the last couple of nights, I downloaded a sleep app and listened to it before bed, I was very sceptical but it really did help. Xx

My OB told me if I was having too much difficulty sleeping to take Benadryl. I took a half a dose (1pill) for 3 nights and it helped. Been able to fall asleep fine since.

For now anyway lol

I haven't had insomnia per say, but I definitely haven't been sleeping well. I feel like I don't get into deep sleep enough and like I wake up throughout the night. :/

Mine started at 16 weeks and turned into a huge struggle (went through four straight nights of three hour sleep!). This has to be pregnancy related as I am normally a great sleeper. My OB said your sleep center in your brain is more active and easily awoken so I'm sure hormones are the culprit. I bought a book on insomnia through Amazon written by a Harvard medical doctor and must admit, it worked! I have been sleeping a lot better and only have insomnia approx once a week. Definitely an improvement!

I only got a month of my first sleeping through the night before pregnancy insomnia kicked in. Uggg. So exhausted when I go to bed and wide awake two hours later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->