Inspired by a previous post... What is the worst gift you have ever been given?

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
Mine has to me a frame with my name in. Only it wasn't my name. I'm Nicola and it said Nicole.

I'm not quite sure what my uncle expected me to do with it. I must have looked puzzled as I didn't really know how to react. But I was courteous and just said thank you and put it in a drawer.

Ours was a calender from my cousin for our wedding with picutres of hands with wedding rings on but said Lorraine and Micheal on it.

Hubbys name is MICHAEL AEL!!!! not EAL its not been put up anyway lol.
x

We got a picture frame as a joint gift once, my hubby was opening it and it was falling apart as he was taking off the wrapping paper. It was one of those glass frames, obviously not a very good one :mrgreen::mrgreen: xx

My sister (actually it was a joint present between TWO of my sisters) bought me and my OH a pack of those plastic fridge magnets that you put a photo behind for Christmas. It looked so cheap and nasty and had 'Tesco' clearly written on the box and I wonder either if my (unreliable) sister stole the money from my responsible sister and spent £2.99 in Tesco to cover it up or whether they just forgot me :shrug:

When i was 17 my gran bought me a pink top and matching shorts set from M&S which was more suitable for a woman in her 60's heading to Spain for her summer holiday..........the kicker is i was a size 10 and she'd bought a size 16????

For my bday this year she bought another m&s special. This time a horrific old lady quilted dressing gown that buttoned right up to the neck.....proper old lady style lol

x

Lol, I don't get many bad presents. Mine is probably whenever people have bought me bubble bath in the past, as when I lived at my mums (so until september) I didn't have a bath, only a shower. Worst thing was everyone knew this but I still got bubble bath :dohh: xx

I got a present for my cat that was much bigger than my cat, looked like a huge dildo (sorry :), all sparkly and stuffed with catnip :) I am not sure if my cat thought it was the worst, but I did :)

I got a present for my cat that was much bigger than my cat, looked like a huge dildo (sorry :), all sparkly and stuffed with catnip :) I am not sure if my cat thought it was the worst, but I did :)

hahahahahahahaha poor cat

A cuple of years ago my dad bought me the biggest box of persil wash powder you could ever find, i suppose it was kinda handy didnt have to buy wash powder for months lol xx

One of my uncle's is the worst for bad presents. Its usually them dodgy cheap bath salts that do nothing but stick to the bottom of bath :dohh: i once got a nighty that had a price tag of- REDUCED-£1 from him too :s my cousins mum once got me a radio pen? Lol.x

my grandad travels between Spain, Turkey and India as he has houses in all three, so when he pops to England he always brings me something... weird!
Such as mini wooden spoons (ay?) a horrific ed carpet runner, ethiopian ornaments of scary looking men... eek!!

Got a teddy this year tho!! but have been told its actually for baby and not me... gee thanks!!

Underwear. Nothing worse when you're 5 or 6 years old to open the gift from your grandmother and have it be underwear and not a toy!

My little brother once got me a box of tampons! When I asked him what he was thinking, he said 'I couldnt think what to get you & reckoned at least you'd use these!'

My little brother once got me a box of tampons! When I asked him what he was thinking, he said 'I couldnt think what to get you & reckoned at least you'd use these!'

That made me giggle lmao....

My worst gift.... erm im not sure maybe a platter thing that has never been out the box... it was something like out the £1 shop and just ugly.:dohh:

My worst gift ever was a tin of biscuits from my mum for christmas. I was well gutted when I opened it!!!:cry::cry::cry:

Lol, I don't get many bad presents. Mine is probably whenever people have bought me bubble bath in the past, as when I lived at my mums (so until september) I didn't have a bath, only a shower. Worst thing was everyone knew this but I still got bubble bath :dohh: xx

:rofl: yeah I saved a bottle of bubble bath for a year because we didn't have a bath.

One of my uncle's is the worst for bad presents. Its usually them dodgy cheap bath salts that do nothing but stick to the bottom of bath :dohh: i once got a nighty that had a price tag of- REDUCED-£1 from him too :s my cousins mum once got me a radio pen? Lol.x

:rofl: £1??!!!!

Sorry, mine wins!!!

Oh and I were bought 2 jars of giftboxed mayonnaise?????????????????

But - not your average mayo, not your helmans, oh no. It was posh mayonnaise (this was supposed to make it good I think) WTF

Anyway - it was never used and to this day I still cant get over it.

I cringe mostly about my facial expression when I opened it - I was like 'oh, thats different'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->