Inspired by a previous post... What is the worst gift you have ever been given?

My little brother once got me a box of tampons! When I asked him what he was thinking, he said 'I couldnt think what to get you & reckoned at least you'd use these!'

this is hilarious!

Oh, I don't know, whatever it is I certainly can't beat tampons or things with the wrong names on them.

People tend not to know what to buy me so usually ask me what I want anyway. Takes the surprise element out of gifts a little bit, but at least I end up with things that I like.

Oh, actually, I did take a present back once, I'd requested a french manicure set, you know the one with the white and pale pink nail polish in, and got a fancy nail varnish dryer and electric nail file thing. I already had one of these and had never used it so thought it was a bit silly to keep the second one. Maybe slightly ungrateful but I never told the person who got me it and, cos the thing I wanted had gone to half price in the sale after xmas, I also got some make up and shampoo and stuff as well - bonus for me!

Two year ago, my brother bought me this mug with a small odd looking teddy bear in it- I recognized it right away from a set that was on sale at the Grocers that was cheap cheap cheap!!! It wouldn't have bothered me coming from anybody else, but I always buy my brother something very nice so it irked me.

When I was 7, my grandmother gave me a box of tissues. Not cute embroidered handkerchieves, no, disposable tissues. I kind of began to cry and my mum told me I was being ungrateful... At least I was using the tissues!

I love this thread, I was having a bad day today and this has cheered me up!

Last year I got from my fathers french girlfriend, (baring in mind I cant speak/understand French). a pink pocket diary in french with the names of all holidays, daylight hours, personal details etc..., and a CD of a french woman singing a song because she was wearing a pink outfit on the cover.

I was very much WTF!!! Just because my wedding was themed pink, and I like the colour, it was a bit extreme. Apparently, she has posted me a present so I am awaiting the surprise. Apaprently it is something that will be handy. Probably a french book of baby names or something!

Last year I got from my fathers french girlfriend, (baring in mind I cant speak/understand French). a pink pocket diary in french with the names of all holidays, daylight hours, personal details etc..., and a CD of a french woman singing a song because she was wearing a pink outfit on the cover.

I was very much WTF!!! Just because my wedding was themed pink, and I like the colour, it was a bit extreme. Apparently, she has posted me a present so I am awaiting the surprise. Apaprently it is something that will be handy. Probably a french book of baby names or something!

LOL!

My bet is a French phase book so that you can understand the diary and the CD.

LOL!

My bet is a French phase book so that you can understand the diary and the CD.

I will let you know when it arrives! I think she also sent me the brightest red rouge lipstick once too. It was practically fluorescent red! I am pale skinned with dark brown hair so not really me but hey its the thought that counts. None of his other many girlfriends has ever bought me anything before. She is a bit mad I must admit!

Worst present I ever got was some earrings....and I haven't got my ears pierced. :dohh:

This reminds me of a story my friend told me. The day before her daughters 5th birthday she told her that if someone gives you a present you don't like you still say thank you because its the thought that counts.

So the birthday arrives and my friend could clearly see from her DDs face that she didn't like a doll she was unwrapping...she said in the most innocent voice:

"thank you very much for my present.............but I don't like it" :haha:

I can't think of anything that I've gotten but a few years ago on his birthday, my hubby got one that definitely made him go 'huh?' from his mum: A christmas ornament of Locutus of the Borg from Star Trek that lights up and everything. I make him put it on the Christmas tree where everyone can see it every year!

my mums cousin always forgets birthdays and xmas things but we always try and meet up with her and her kids to give them gifts. well one year i think she panicked and thought i better give them something.

I got a costume jewlery necklace, which would have been lovely had i not got the exact same one free with a magazine two days before lol

I can't think of anything that I've gotten but a few years ago on his birthday, my hubby got one that definitely made him go 'huh?' from his mum: A christmas ornament of Locutus of the Borg from Star Trek that lights up and everything. I make him put it on the Christmas tree where everyone can see it every year!

Is it sad that I would love to have that ornament?

Is it sad that I would love to have that ornament?

Not at all! I think it's pretty awesome myself (and hubby is fond of it too, he was just befuddled at receiving it as a birthday present). :mrgreen:

A really ugly small green toiletry bag with the price tag still on it. Was given by my sister in law.

I got this for my 18th birthday from my older . No idea, wasn't a toy I liked when I was a kid or anything...
:nope:
worst part is I decided to play with it and my mom told me not in the house:dohh: and like I will play with outside so everyone can see me!:haha:

Attachments

• skipit.jpg
    skipit.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 3
Lol some very funny gifts!

When I turned 17 I started my driving lessons. My grandad had just been on holiday to a small town in Wales..... and his present to me was a leaflet explaining the Highway Code..... In relation to this particular town in Wales! It told you what to do at such-and-such junction etc! Hilarious. My poor sister got given a leaflet about the pencil museum he visited too! Bless him

A compilation CD and a alarm clock. For my 21st! (not even a teccy one either, one of those manual ones!)

Worst thing i ever got, was from my ex! i had been hinting, id like a ring.... i drop lil hints weeks befor, christmas day is here, and what does he get me??!! a foot spa... i did think he was joking at first, OK he didnt want to get me a ring, but a bloody foot spa? come on lol x

Most random thing I've ever been bought was a Flowery Journal for all my recipes.. except I am a shocking cook, and unless it can go in the microwave or be done in 20 mins in the oven I dont bother, (they know this too!) I guess the giver assumed I could start cooking, but I wrapped it up and gave it to my cooky-fond friend for her birthday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->