Integrated oven breaking - but getting new kitchen in 6 months

supertabby

Reaction score
We moved into a new house a few months ago and looking to replace the kitchen in around 6 months time. We can't bring this forward as it will be done as part of some building works that can't be done until summer (external wall needs rebuilding).

There's an integrated oven that appears to be breaking - it's taken me an hour to cook my lunch that should take 25mins and I've got it turned up higher.

We would get a freestanding oven in our new kitchen anyway but don't have anywhere to put one without ripping out units now.

Does anyone have any ideas for a short term solution?

ide invest in a slow cooker..

i only use my oven for one meal a week really. the rest of the time its done in the slow cooker. xx

Do you have a family/friends house that you could go to to batch cook every 2 weeks or so? Like make a big pot of mince beef or whatever and freeze it in portions. Then all you have to do is unfreeze what you need and make something on the hob to go with it. A slow cooker is also a good idea. You could also use a George Foreman to grill meats/vegs xx

I highly recommend an actifry. I got one at the beginning of January and it has made my oven & hob basically redundant. Will only use the hob to boil potatoes now.

I would have a quick google to see if it's a fixable problem. I fixed my washing machine by googling the make and the problem.

Would a small combi oven work for you? It's a microwave and oven combined. They are super popular here as space is limited. I don't think they are too expensive if you actually use it. I have both a combi and an oven so I can bake multiple things at once. Otherwise, I think I would just try and do without and have the slow cooker like someone already mentioned. You can't really bake much without an oven but I think you can go without for 6 months as well, even if not necessarily fun. :flower:

Aldi have got mini ovens in from Sunday for £30

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"