Intense pregnancy hormones moment (in a GOOD way!!)

ShadowRat

Reaction score
Ok, so this is a random thread to post, but I just had to share...

Some of you know that our little boy will be called Vincent. Today, I had my GTT at the hospital, and got chatting to the lovely nurse lady who took my blood etc. She asked us what we were having, and I told her it's a boy, and that we were really pleased because we'd really hoped for a boy. And she asked me whether we had any name ideas yet, and I said "Oh yes, we know his name" And I told her "He's going to be called Vincent".
She had the (now familiar) moment of surprise that it was an unusual name, and then she said "Ooooh, I like that! What a lovely name!" So we were beaming, and then she said "There's a song called Vincent, isn't there?" And I thought "Oh no, I hope it's not some crappy song, I'd be gutted" lol but she said it was by Don McLean, and I had some hope that it might be good, as I know I'd heard that he was one of the all-time best songwriters (from my mum!)

Still, I was NOT prepared when I got home and turned the laptop on and looked it up on you tube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNdYLGAxcWA

I just bawled my eyes out as I sat here listening to the most BEAUTIFUL song I have ever heard.... I am AMAZED!! In fact, I realise that I've heard this song before, yeeeeears ago, when I was tiny and my mum must have played it. But I always just knew it as "Starry starry night" and didn't realise it was actually called "Vincent" !!!

LOL we're hoping that he has "eyes of China blue" now!!

*wipes eyes yet again* That really caught me off guard, my pregnancy emotions just poured out when I heard it hehehe...

Sorry again for the random post :blush: Hope you enjoy the song :D

Shadow xxx

Wasn't it inspired by Vincent Van Gogh (painting of a starry night?)

Here's a link to a whole page of them!

https://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=van+gogh+starry+night&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=

:D Yes, apparently it was. We didn't actually choose the name because of Vincent Van Gogh, but his paintings sure are beautiful :)
I wonder whether our boy will be an artist hehehe

xxx

It is truly a beautiful song honey. You'll have to play it to him to get him asleep on those long nights. See it was fate honey he has a good name. :hugs: xxx

Oh wow what a beautiful song for little Vincent!!
Im actually crying myself - girls were going to have babies soon oh wow!!!!

I'M STILL CRYING!! :cry: Shadow what have you done to me :rofl:

Ah its lovely shadow - It must be a teary day for us all today - I'm at it all day he he

Aw, Shadow :D Lovely! Did Vinnie enjoy his song?

What a lovely story and a lovely song! How nice for you.

I'm not crying, I do have that funny feeling between my eyes and at the back of my nose though.

I adore this song, haven't heard it for ages though.

I love this song too. I studies van Gogh for a bit and also this song in relation to it. It's all about how van Gogh attempted to sooth other people's pain through his art, despite his own depression and psychosis. He was very unwell and used to self-harm a lot. Yet he was also a missionary attempting to help others. This song is about the purpose of his work and how it wasn't recognised until it was too late, when he committed suicide in 1890.

Vincent is a lovely name xxx

:) Thank you all so much for your lovely replies. I think I need to read up more on Van Gogh, he really sounds like a fascinating man.
I just adore this song... *plays it again, trying not to well up!*

Shadow (and Vinnie!) x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"