• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

interested in honest but nice opinions

LAR83

Reaction score
Boy's name:
Legend Ary
Legend Aerie
Legend Airy

Which spelling is best? Or another spelling that might be better?

Or just way too over-the-top for your taste?

The name is personally not my taste, but as for spelling, Ary or Airy!

I agree with the pp - the name is a bit much for me personally (I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to names), but I prefer the spelling Ary or Airy.

I would, however, like to point out that I would pronounce these two spellings differently, so you might want to take that into account and choose the spelling that correlates with your intended pronunciation better (since you don't have a preferred spelling, I assume).

I would pronounce Airy and Aerie as Air-ee. And I would pronounce Ary as Ah-ree (like Aria, but without the last 'a').

That being said, I would probably choose the spelling 'Airy', since you probably want it to sound like 'legendary rhymer' (I apologize for my assumptions, if that's not the case).

Way too over the top for me, sorry.

I agree with ikaria that I would pronounce Ary as Ah-ree, the other two as Air-ee. Aerie looks very feminine to me while Legend sound very masculine so those two don't really fit together imo.

Not a massive fan but i am a Londoner so the first one would be how most people would say hairy, so i wouldn't go with that one if it were me xx

I don't like it, sorry.
I don't even know how the middle name is supposed to be pronounced?

Thanks for all the honest feedback! I know it is risky to choose such an unusual name like this because there is a greater chance of people not liking it, but my husband and I do like it, so this is the name we are leaning toward. We're not pregnant yet, but actively trying to conceive and we picked out one name for a boy and one name for a girl so far.

I agree that "Ary" when it stands alone sounds like it would have a short "a" sound, like it would rhyme with starry. But I also figured that middle names don't usually stand alone; they usually appear with first names, so I would hope that the pronunciation would become clear when it is with the first name.

Definitely go for something you both like! If you can find a name you can both totally agree on, that's a lucky thing!

It's not a name I'd use, I feel like even Legend without the -ary part is still a very big name to live up to.
As you want to get the 'legendary' pronunciation, I'd probably go for Airy or Aerie as they both look (to me anyway) like they'd be pronounced like -ary. Aerie looks more like a real name to me so I'd choose that one.

I don't like it, sorry. Spelling-wise I think Ary looks best. :)

I don't like the name, but all that matters is that you like it.

I prefer the spelling Airy to get the pronunciation you are going for.

As pp have said I'm Not a fan of the name but Airy will give the best chance of a correct pronunciation

Am I alone in thinking this is a joke? Legendary Rhymer?

Boy's name:
Legend Ary Rhymer
Legend Aerie Rhymer
Legend Airy Rhymer

Which spelling is best? Or another spelling that might be better?

Or just way too over-the-top for your taste?

I think the name Legend is really neat. Personally for me, since I've never met anyone with "Ary" as a name, I don't know how to pronounce, it so I would go with the on that I think looks nicest: Aerie.

I only just figured out what you meant by people would get what the pronunciation was when they saw the two names together. I'm dense. :wacko:

Am I alone in thinking this is a joke? Legendary Rhymer?

It's too bad no one likes the name, but I do appreciate everyone's honest feedback!

Boo... not a joke. That's what we are actually thinking of naming our son.

It's quiet the name to live up to. I heard about a couple online who named their kid Courage Wolf Harper. At least it's not something stupid like North or Rainbow or Apple. If you're not willing to make Legend a middle name instead, I kind of prefer Aerie.

Way over the top for me. I try and pick names that are not easily made fun of as children are mean. I feel these names are way to easy to make fun of. Each name in its own is easy but together you can come up with some pretty mean things. Sorry:( I wouldn't use either

As a teacher I definitely wouldn't pick that name for my kid. I actually didn't even get the "Legendary" thing, as I read many of the spellings as rhyming with dairy.

Kids are cruel. I definitely wouldn't choose a name which requires a certain personality to "fit" - I regret calls by mt daughter Gracie as she is the least graceful hurricane of noise and mess you could meet, she should have been called something more "vibrant" but you really can't predict their personality until they are older!

I also think it's important to think of how a name would look on a resume. As an employer, if I received a resume from someone named Legend Airy Rhymer (or even just Legend) I would likely pass that person by without even looking at the resume because I would assume it was someone who gave himself a nickname/moniker. It would appear very immature, and I immediately think of an arrogant aspiring rap star. Not really what you want in a professional workplace.

Sorry but you asked for honest opinions.

Those are all fair points. I wouldn't want my son to be made fun of for his name, and I know kids can find any reason to be cruel. Middle names don't seem to be used much anyway, so most of the time he would be referred to at "Legend Rhymer." I know "Legend" in and of itself is quite a bold name, but I know of another boy with that name, and I happen to love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->