Interesting tid bit on prenatal vitamins

2ducks

Reaction score
FYI...I bought my partner some Nature Made brand multi vitamins today. They are about $9-10 less than the Nature Made prenatal vitamins I have. This is allegedly quality brand vitamin. When I got home I looked at the contents of each vitamin and they are virtually identical, including the mg of each vitamin. Even the folic acid content was the same! The exception is that the prenatals had some fish oil added but I already take extra fish oil. I also take extra folic acid. When I am done with my current bottle of prenatals I think I am just going to take the regular multis.

I guess the lesson learned is to know what you are purchasing!

Yeah, sometimes prenatals are just multivitamins in a glorified jar. I was looking at some prenatals on Amazon last night because me and dh are starting TTC #2 again next month after a few months break. I was looking at the nature made brand, and then I found these other prenatals. They had glowing reviews on Amazon. They are called Best prenatals. They come in a white bottle with butterflies and stuff on them. But I guess the are supposed to be really good. All the vitamins and minerals in them come from their most natural source for better absorbancy. Even the folic acid. It also has some other great stuff added. They are 30 bucks for 90 pills, but totally worth it in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->