intermittent screams and squeals

bigbelly2

mommy of 2!
Reaction score
hi everyone,

since coming home tommy has been very good and gone 4 hours for feeds (we have to wake him up) and between 3 and 5 at a night he wakes himself up..he literally has his food, after hes changed he then goes straight back to sleep and hes been really good. However last night he was awake a hell of a lot and was very unsettled what hes doing is feeding, then going to sleep but screaming and generally grunting and moaning seeming as though as hes in pain and wont settle. I winded him and he did bring more wind up each time so he may have had tummy ache but hes been similar today aswell and normally hes so settled...you are not meant to give gripe water until they are a month but ive given him some today as hes a month on tue, i remember my midwife telling me to put 2.5 ml in maddys bottle when she was a baby and the rest if needed after so ive done this, hes bought up some humongous burps aswell as his normal wind but hes still not totally settled and im at a loss what to do...any idea?

h x

Have you tried infacol H? It is suitable from birth. Also try inclining his bed - it might help him to be more comfy.

Maybe a bit of gas on the other end. I know that Bren is the same when he needs to pass gas or has a big poo he is working on. I find that a bit of tummy massage, and then the knee lift really helps move it along.

YOu coudl try lying hm down and holding his legs up - rolling a blanket under his legs. This helps baby wih wind pain fi thats what you think it is.

Caitlin was like this too :D

When connor had wind i used to lie him on his back for 5-10 minutes then sit him up and he'd bring all of his wind up. My health visitor sugested i use colief and i must admit it was a god send. It's added to their milk, but helps bring every bit of wind up. I tried gripe water with him be he went blue and nearly choked so never gave him it again after that. You get colief from boots, it's about 9-10 pound for a tiny bottle, but lasts a good while and in my opinion worth the money for a happy baby.

thanks every one will def try all your ideas as hes still the same!!

h x

My midwife recommended putin a small blanket under the upper end of his moses basket mattress so he was sleepin at an angle, it seemed to help too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->