Introduce your family

:hi: ladies

Im Eve (31) and my OH is 32.
I have a son from a previous relationship (J) who is 13. OH has been in his life since J was a little over 2 years old. OH and I had a son together (Kaleb) but sadly he passed away a few short hours after birth. Less than 2 years later, we welcomed our rainbow (K) and I had a tubal ligation. As soon as the surgery was final, I regret the decision wholeheartedly and just a few months ago received news that the ligation is irreversible as it was actually a bilateral fimbriectomy.OH and I both were hoping for better news as we would love to have another one but its not in our cards anymore.

I have a son from a previous relationship (J) who is 13. OH has been in his life since J was a little over 2 years old. OH and I had a son together (Kaleb) but sadly he passed away a few short hours after birth. Less than 2 years later, we welcomed our rainbow (K) and I had a tubal ligation. As soon as the surgery was final, I regret the decision wholeheartedly and just a few months ago received news that the ligation is irreversible as it was actually a bilateral fimbriectomy.OH and I both were hoping for better news as we would love to have another one but its not in our cards anymore.

That's such a shame that you're done but you don't want to be :hugs:
I've been lurking here but I'm ready now! I'm Laura, I'm 30 this year and hubby is 31. We have two boys aged 4 and nearly 2 and a little girl due next week. I can't say for definite I'm done but I 1000000% could not cope with another age gap like this. And in 5 yrs or so I won't want to go back to the baby stage so I think I'm done. Hubby says a vasectomy is too final despite me needing to convince him to have a 3rd! So I think I will be getting a coil or something once baby is here. I'm excited just to bring them up now

I've been lurking here but I'm ready now! I'm Laura, I'm 30 this year and hubby is 31. We have two boys aged 4 and nearly 2 and a little girl due next week. I can't say for definite I'm done but I 1000000% could not cope with another age gap like this. And in 5 yrs or so I won't want to go back to the baby stage so I think I'm done. Hubby says a vasectomy is too final despite me needing to convince him to have a 3rd! So I think I will be getting a coil or something once baby is here. I'm excited just to bring them up now

Thank you :hugs:

I have days where I feel like it would be crazy of me to go back to the baby stage but I just have this longing for one more child, same with OH.

Good luck with the arrival of your little girl :)

Defo get what you mean by excited to bring them up. You can start to plan things you just can't do with babies and not fret so much either.
Can't believe your due next week tho.. Eek!!

Hayz eek is the right word! My MIL asked me how I was going to go out with 3 today... I just stood there with my mouth open thinking.. Oh shit.

You can do it! If I can then so can you! Just keep walking and take bribes in food form! Lol..
Keep it easy at first and take a walk to the park.. Baby will be sleeping anyway :) I have faith!

Oh Eve I'm sorry you're litigation is irreversible :(. I hope that in time knowing that there definitely won't be any more pregnancies will make it easier to move on from the broodiness.

Hey ladies!

My name is Holly (37), and my DH is Brad (42), and we have Hannah (2 1/2), and Oscar (who we call Ozzy), and he's 15 months old. I am severely on the fence about having a third baby. My body, doctor, husband, age, and common sense tell me that it's probably a really terrible idea...but I would just love to have one more little one to snuggle up with.

Financially, it would be beyond stupid for us. We also have a small home, which we plan to stay in for the rest of our lives...it was given to us by my parents, and I want it to be our forever home. We have NO space for a third child. I am 37, we've suffered from infertility and recurrent miscarriages, and I don't really care to go through either of those nightmares again. My children are beautiful, healthy, intelligent, and everything I prayed for for YEARS. I feel that having a third now would be really pushing my luck...and that somehow, something will go terribly wrong during the pregnancy, or with the baby, or both. My uterus nearly ruptured at the end of my second pregnancy, and I was told that my uterus was paper-thin, which would making another pregnancy very risky. So, all in all, a third baby is not a good idea for my family...DH is really not up for a third child anyway. He has been very verbal about this, and I respect that he's done, and I'm just so very grateful to have the kiddos that I've been blessed with! I look around some of the TTC forums on BnB, and I see so many women/couples struggling to have even one child, or struggling with infertility, loss, and other heartaches, and really, I've been so very lucky. There was a time when I thought I'd never be a mother, and here I am, a mother twice over!

Oh Eve I'm sorry you're litigation is irreversible :(. I hope that in time knowing that there definitely won't be any more pregnancies will make it easier to move on from the broodiness.

I think it helps some as I've slowly been coming to terms with things. Hearing the news initially was heartbreaking though as we were considering a reversal within the next two years (planned to start saving) and well... it was quite a kick in the teeth to find out there wasn't much point.

Me (30)
oh (56)
lo(3)

oh also has a 28 year old from a previous marriage.

Hi ladies

I'm Christina (Chris for short) I'll be 38 in 2 days, DH Pete is 41. We have 2 boys 3.5 year old PJ (Peter Joseph Jr) and 9 month old Gavin Walter.

(I would love a 3rd but our finances don't allow it and after a miscarriage before Gavin and preterm labor with Gavin hubby is scared to have another BUT still not getting a vasectomy in case our finance change lol) So I will be getting the Mirena IUD next month.

But at 38 and 41 (and considering it took us 8 years to get our 2 boys) I think I can very safely say we are complete.

My name is Annika, and my DH and I have been married for almost 8 years now. I'm 27 and he's 28. We have 3 children together, Nora is 4, Everett is 2, and Claire is 3 weeks.

I barely got DH to agree to a 3rd, and since we are all out of bedroom (each child has their own room), and mentally I don't think we could handle any more, we are done. I will be going back to college within the next year, and then finally finish the journey towards my own career as a lab technician. DH will be getting a vasectomy soon, and I will probably be getting my tubes tied down the road as well

Hi I'm Sabrina, aka Sabby, I will be 38 in March and my family has been complete for 8 years now.
My youngest turned 8 in October last year and my eldest turned 18 this month.

Hi, im liz (30) dh (29) ds (4) dd (2). Pretty sure this is it for us now. If finances were a little different I could for sure be tempted into no.3 but dh is adament were done no matter what. Weve both agreed that if we still agree on no more in a year or 2 dh will be having a vasectamy, but until then im having the merina.

I'm Emily 35 married to dh 34 for 10 years we have 3 ds's who are 9, 8 and 2&1/2 and one dd who will be a month old in a few days or so. I want to say we're done and I'm 80% sure we are... At the moment I'm struggling with the idea of no more but am putting that down to hormones!! Xx

Hey ,

Nice to meet everyone , I know no one has posted in a while but thought I'd introduce my little family .

I'm cloe and I'm 24 , My fiancé ( Kieron ) is 26 , and our beautiful baby boy Lucas is a few days off of being 1 .

And I'm happy to say our family is complete <3

Hi :)

We are complete as OH got the snip last month, and I'm 36 this Summer (did not want to have children past the age of 35).

My name is Darbi, and spouse is Tony (Anthony). Anyways, he is 38, and we have 2 kiddos. Valla is 4 in October, and her little brother was just born in February. His name is Kye.

Hi all. I'm Tash. I'll be 33 this November. Hubby is Logan - he's 34 in a matter of days.

We have 3 sons Christopher will be 9 on July 11 (same day as Dad), Brayden-Lee is 7, Alexander is 9 months and our 4th and final bean is due Feb 2nd 2018.

Hi everyone! I'm Katie, 28 tomorrow. My OH, Steven, is 34. I have a 4 year old from a previous relationship called Ollie and Steven and I have a 5 week old daughter together called Sophie. Steven has been in Ollie's life since he was 2 and he very much considers Ollie his own son.

We're definitely done. After Ollie's dad and I broke up I didn't want anymore children because I didn't want to go through anything as painful again but when I met Steven we knew we wanted our own together. I had 4 losses after Ollie and a difficult pregnancy with Sophie followed by pre eclampsia at the end plus two difficult labours so we're done. Steven said he wouldn't mind another but we both know that my body wouldn't cope so we're happy with our decision :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->