• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Introduce your VIP (Very Important Preemie!)

Princess pea I think you need to make 10 posts (not sure though) before uploading pics so try that first Hun x

Thanks sb22, I think this is number 10 (yaay) so will try again. :thumbup:

Tried again and it still not working - will get OH to have a look! think we have them stored too big.:shrug:

If you pop them on photo bucket and use the link here it will resize for the forum x

Here are the pics - there is one from day 1, one from the day Jessica was discharged before we left the hospital, one when we got home and one from christmas day.

Thanks SB22. xx

Attachments

• IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 53
  • JESSDAY1.jpg
    JESSDAY1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 56
Ooooft I'm in love! X

I had Niamh at 35+4 weighing a wopping 8lb15. She had no issues from being early, only had oxygen at delivery after a difficult birth. We spent a total of 6 nights in hospital, first because she needed iv antibiotics and then she developed severe jaundice and spent 3 nights in special care having light therapy and on iv fluid. The only had room for her in the intensive care room, the first night she was took in was so scary, It was late at night so i was on my own and i knew she was ok but being in the room with all the tiny babys with alarms made it more scary than it should have been. If i felt like that i dont want to think what those babys mums felt like.She then had a futher night under the lights in transitionl care with me before going home.

This is her at 30 mins old
https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/75817_10150349067070008_857650007_15813723_7992902_n.jpg

Her at 3 days looking rather orange in special care
https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_0897.jpg

Her at 4 days looking more pink.
https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_0900.jpg

Here she is at 5 weeks on xmas eve
https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_1058.jpg
https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_1064.jpg

I had Niamh at 35+4 weighing a wopping 8lb15. She had no issues from being early, only had oxygen at delivery after a difficult birth. We spent a total of 6 nights in hospital, first because she needed iv antibiotics and then she developed severe jaundice and spent 3 nights in special care having light therapy and on iv fluid. The only had room for her in the intensive care room, the first night she was took in was so scary, It was late at night so i was on my own and i knew she was ok but being in the room with all the tiny babys with alarms made it more scary than it should have been. If i felt like that i dont want to think what those babys mums felt like.She then had a futher night under the lights in transitionl care with me before going home.

Welcome to our little corner.

My word, you must have been terrified with that colouring! She definitely looks far more healthy after a good dose of oxygen. I remember seeing one of the bigger babies in an incubator, and it was actually more scary to me than seeing the little ones. What a great healthy weight at 35+4. I know what you mean about being all alone. My first stay in hospital, when they thought they might have to deliver Abby, I was 600 miles from home. The thought I might have to go through that alone was awful. Thankfully I held on another 3 weeks and she didn't come til I was at home.

Thankfully she was only in an incubator for the first night as it was needed by a 27 weeker (thankfully she was out of it that is,not that some one else needed it) so she was placed in a cot in the middle of the room, only downside was she got moved around the room when they needed to be at the other babys as it was a 4 bed room with 5 in as they were full. That picture was after the oxygen lol, its mostly brusing there.

I was told its normal after a dificult delivery and a long 2nd stage, its all to do with the face being compressed for a long time while your pushing.

This is her at about 15 hours old, there is still some brusing but most of it has gone down.

https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_0857.jpg

Hello everyone. I'm new to this thanks to PrincessPea so thought i'd introduce my wee preemie, Ella.

Ella was born at 25weeks + 4days. I went into hospital at 23weeks with bleeding and upon examination it was discovered i was 3cm dilated with bulging membranes. That night i was whisked out to another hospital as there was no room at the Inn, managed to get my two lots of steroids, iv antibiotics and drugs to stop further labour. I had to stay in hospital on bed rest and faced the remainder of my pregnancy in bed. However two weeks and several visits to the labour ward later after some false alarms i gave birth to Ella weighing 850grams. Very shell shocked i must admit!!! We spent a total of 113days in the NICU with many ups and downs and many many tears. So much so that my bubbling became a standing joke in the unit! :blush:

Ella has been a little fighter and has come through a lot but nothing compared to others so we consider ourselves to be fairly lucky. She has a few health problems that will need follow up in the coming months. Main thing for us at the moment is she is home and appears happy and contented and currently weighing 6lbs 12oz. :)

Hello everyone. I'm new to this thanks to PrincessPea so thought i'd introduce my wee preemie, Ella.

Ella was born at 25weeks + 4days. I went into hospital at 23weeks with bleeding and upon examination it was discovered i was 3cm dilated with bulging membranes. That night i was whisked out to another hospital as there was no room at the Inn, managed to get my two lots of steroids, iv antibiotics and drugs to stop further labour. I had to stay in hospital on bed rest and faced the remainder of my pregnancy in bed. However two weeks and several visits to the labour ward later after some false alarms i gave birth to Ella weighing 850grams. Very shell shocked i must admit!!! We spent a total of 113days in the NICU with many ups and downs and many many tears. So much so that my bubbling became a standing joke in the unit! :blush:

Ella has been a little fighter and has come through a lot but nothing compared to others so we consider ourselves to be fairly lucky. She has a few health problems that will need follow up in the coming months. Main thing for us at the moment is she is home and appears happy and contented and currently weighing 6lbs 12oz. :)

Welcome.:hugs: It sounds like you've had quite a journey so far. Hopefully it will be smoother from here on in.

I've just realised - we've met too! I thought your story sounded awfully familiar!:dohh:

:rofl: at foo and dasy!
I think we've all met someone somehow now!
Welcome Dasy! Xxx

Foogirl, you get aboot.... :rofl:

Lol we have met Foogirl. Hope you are well. When's the next meeting? :)
We're all doing fine thanks. I'm not sure about the next meeting. Given, according to Peter's interview in Bliss, he apparently single handedly set up and organised the whole thing, I'm surprised he hasn't done it yet:winkwink:

I'll get on it and let you know. Probably 15th or 22nd.
Foogirl, you get aboot.... :rofl:
Yeah, I'm just a preemie mum tart!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"