Introducing Isaac – 35 weeker.

hawalkden

Reaction score
:wave:

Hello guys. Thought I'd show my monster off. Isaac decided to come 5 weeks early. On Bonfire Day. He didn't want to miss the Bonfire Celebrations! He wasn't due till 10th December!

I went to see the midwife at 6.00pm friday 4th November due to my urine being high in protein over the few weeks and my legs being very swollen. The Doctor came to see me and said I'll be given two steroid injections 12 hours apart. I was taken to the Birthing Suite and given my first steroid injections at 11pm.

I was put on monitoring and check. I was 1cm softened dilated. Tried for some sleep and at 2.30am I was woken by a popping sensation. My waters had broken. From then on in I was getting contractions every 5 minutes and no break as such.

I got to 8cm at 11.15 and rushed to theatre due to Peanuts heart rate dropping. He was born with forceps at 11.29am.

Weighing a rather large size of 6lb 14oz. He was doing okay then when tried on the breast and bottle he didn't take to neither and his breathing was starting to get bad. So he was sent to NICU and put in an incubator just for a little help.

Then Monday morning he was put under the UV lamp due to his forceps marks he developed jaundice. He is still in NICU but in a crib and just has the feeding tube up. Once he takes 2/3 bottles in a row he can have the tube taken out then the next bottle needs to be finished or done with confidence before he can come home :).

So hopefully he'll be home by Tuesday. He's doing really well though :)

Attachments

• November 033.jpg
    November 033.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 47
Congrats - I remember you from 2nd tri. My little man was born on the same day :)

Hey I remember you from third tri! Congratulations! My baby girl was born five and a half weeks esrly on Halloween - she spent ten days in scbu to get her feeding enough from the bottle but is now home. I know how hard it is leaving your baby there so I hope Isaac can come home asap too. X

congratulations, my little girl was due today but was 5 weeks early, she spent 17 nights in scbu but is home now and doing well, hope you get him home soon x

:dohh: I just went on your baby club thread and advised you to come here if you had any concerns :haha:

Anyway I'll just echo what I said there :hugs: and hope LO is home with you soon x

aw, he looks so lovely :)
my little one was born at 34 weeks and had to be put under a lamp for jaudince, its horrible when you can't cwtch them up in a blanket isnt it :(
hope all is well! xxx

well done!. all I can say BIG baby for gestation!.i was born at 36 weeks and i was 5lb 14oz.

Mini update..

I did my deed for Children In Need too today :)..

I had my first bath..

I've had my feeding tube taken out..

I'm having a sleepover with mummy & daddy tomorrow in the hospital parents rooms to see how we all get on ;). (maybe daddy will keep me if I behave :lol:!)..

& if I'm super good and keep going the way I'm going I can go home monday hopefully :) x

Attachments

• November 2011 157.jpg
    November 2011 157.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 14
Mini update..

I did my deed for Children In Need too today :)..

I had my first bath..

I've had my feeding tube taken out..

I'm having a sleepover with mummy & daddy tomorrow in the hospital parents rooms to see how we all get on ;). (maybe daddy will keep me if I behave :lol:!)..

& if I'm super good and keep going the way I'm going I can go home monday hopefully :) x

Oooh I'm excited for you, it's the best day ever taking them home ..yayyyy sounds like Monday you will be doing the car seat walk of honour :happydance:xx

Congratulations. Nice short stay for you x

Congrats hun! He's beautiful! Your story is so much like mine. My yellow bump was due on the 12th of December. But I had her on the 9th of november! Like your little prince she was born @ 35 weeks and also had to have a feeding tube and was put under UV light due to her jaundice. We're finally home now. Hope your little man and yourself are doing well xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->