Introducing solid for the first time

angel08

Reaction score
Hi all
I am going to introduce solid for the first time n was told to give only 2 tea spoon of pureeied fruit or veg,i bought jar food today n was not sure what to do with the left over jar do u just throw them away or freeze it for the next day?

was also wondering how many times do u feed them and what more can u add to their diet?

any advice is much appriciated

If your just doing it for the first time you should start with rice cereal... how old is your baby?

You should start with the cereal at first. They just push it right out normally anyways.

Thank you ladies for your advice, my baby is 6 months old n will start with rice cereal as u advice but was wondering at what age do u start giving them jar food.

I started Erin a week before she was 6 months. She only had rice for 2 days and then i started on the fruit and veg. She loves it and very quickly she was having half a jar. My hv said because you are starting at 6 months your baby will progress quite quickly as her digestive system will be matured. Erin has only been weaned for 2 weeks and I've just started her on 3 meals a day from advice from my hv. She has taken to solids brilliantly and actually opens her mouth and takes a spoonful - she didn't spit it back out at all. I spoon out half a jar into a bowl and then put the jar in the fridge for the next day. You can keep an opened jar for 24 hours in the fridge. Good luck. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->