Introduction-- New to forum-- trying to conceive

Squotes

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am still trying to figure out how this site works so please be patient with me :)

A little about me:

I am 27 years old and my husband and I have been TTC for 8 months without success. As many of you can relate, it is quite frustrating. I have a 9 year old child from a previous relationship. My husband is 8 years older than me and this will be his first. He's getting pretty down too so I joined the forum to hopefully be able to chat with other women who can relate. Plus, I have lots of questions! Although I have a child already, this is all pretty new to me as my child is almost 9. Boy how time flies! I was young when I had my first child and disowned by my family so pregnancy was a pretty stressful experience for me as I have been through more than most people have my age. I grew up in an abusive family and am proud of who I am today. So many people give up when life gets tough but I am a firm believer that persistence pays off. Although I was young and life was tough, I wouldn't change a thing as it made me who I am today. I proved my family wrong when they said I wouldn't ever amount to anything. I am married now, am an RN, have full physical/legal custody of my child, and am STILL in school to further my education. This is who I am and these are my experiences. I'm sharing this because I would love to be able to help others if they are in similar situations. Anyway, I had some traumatic experiences with my first pregnancy, so this is all a little scary to me. I cannot wait until we finally DO get pregnant, but it just brings back flashbacks of my past. I'm continuously reminding myself that is the past, but it's still all pretty scary to me because I don't know what to expect in a NORMAL, HEALTHY pregnancy but I am excited to find out.

We've been having sex every two days, using ovulation tests, and I've stayed laying down after sex.Ive also been taking prenatal vitamins but could do a better job at remembering to take them. :) I get very nauseous with them so I can only take them at night before I go to bed so I won't be sick all day.

Any other advice/ recommendations? I am very excited to be a part of this site and to communicate with other women!
Thank you!

Hello and welcome!! We're all right in that boat with you, so you're among friends :)

FX that your little bean is on the way very soon, and that your pregnancy this time around is a much different, much more positive experience :)

hi :) and welcome!
i'm Kerri, 22 with a beautiful 2 year old! and DH and I have been trying for number 2 for 6 months now. I also had a traumatic pregnancy experience before. I had pre-eclampsia but my mental health and what was going on around me was what caused the issues. I'm stronger for what happened and wouldnt change it, but im bitter and absolutely terrified it'll happen again.

im hoping when i get pregnant, I'll be able to speak to my midwife about all of it! :)

good luck! i hope you get your bfp soon and that your pregnancy is easier second time around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->