Ipad help

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I've bought a 2nd hand ipad today off my brothers friend. It's an ipad 2 and it's jail broken. I've got a couple of questions...

I don't really want it jail broken because I'm scared it will damage the ipad but I'm unsure how to make it unjailbroken.. Does anyone know how I do this?

Also I have changed all of the AppStore settings and changed my Apple ID but when I try and download an app it asks for the password for my brothers friends Apple ID. He has given me the password but it's not accepting it. Does anyone know how I get it to change to my Apple ID other than in the settings?

Thanks in advance x

A jail break won't damage the iPad, but presumably you can do a factory restore to unjailbreak? (Not too sure as I'm not up on jailbreaking but as I understand it is a software 'override' as such?) This will wipe all settings which maybe a good thing to re-set the appstore.

You should reset it to factory settings. Settings -> General -> Reset. :flower:

When I jailbroke my old iphone, I wanted to revert it back - I believe you have to do a restore via itunes. I'm not 100 per cent on that but a quick google with give you your answers.

You should also be able to have your own ID, somewhere in the settings.

When I jailbroke my old iphone, I wanted to revert it back - I believe you have to do a restore via itunes. I'm not 100 per cent on that but a quick google with give you your answers.

You should also be able to have your own ID, somewhere in the settings.

I read that earlier but don't have itunes.. I'll have to download it on hubby's computer in the morning and try and do it that way. Everything in the settings has my own id but on AppStore when I try to download/update apps it asks the password for the previous owners email address :shrug: it's so annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->