iron tablets made me ill ?

moma

Reaction score
i have been put on iron tablets x3 a day only started them yesterday but god my tummy is killing cant keep of the loo and sorry tmi but its more like sludge , i think the iron tablets do this to you ? but i am also 39 + 3, so could it also be the start of something happening or just the medication you think

Im also on iron tablets called pregaday ive only got to take one a day. They havent really upset my tummy but i do have 'to go' atleast twice a day and its really sudden..

Sorry abit TMI, hope someone can offer you better advice :)

you can get either constipation or diarrhea taking them.. im on them 3 times a day too.. my bowel movements are still regular though...

if they are hurting your stomach maybe you should tell the dr and ask for different ones.. as ive not experienced anything like this whilst taking them.. i just wish they would wake me up cause i feel shattered all the time lol.. ive been taking them for like 9 days now.. xx

ive just been prescribed ferrous sulphate 3x daily as my levels have gone down to 10.4 and all I want to do is sleep and rest, feel so tired... took Spatone in sachets for a while but I got really constipated... we will see with these now

I had the same problem with iron tablets - I then went onto Spatone sachets which didn't have the nasty side effects as its natural - I took it with orange juice and it really helped. I took it after baby - it maybe worth asking your midwife about it (as you can take it when pregnant and breastfeeding but as with anything needs to be done under medical supervision).

i have the same problem with the ferrous sulphate tablets i have liquid iron now really do not get along with the tablets they are horrible x

i was on ferrous sulphate also had to stop taking them as making me really ill and constipated to the point i thought i was giving birth when i went to toilet. mid wife told me to take spa tone morning and night i can oly do morning as the orange juice gives me heartburn at night time. really can't wait for this to be over spa tone does make you full of energy though

Sulfate normally causes the worst side effects. Go back to the docs and ask for something else.

its ferrous sulphate im on x3 , im the opposite tho i cant keep off the loo i got like period pains,there 200mg tablets

I got prescribed pregaday... But gave up.. They made me really ill.. Im gunna go midwife about it on weds tho.. :S

Iron tablets can do that to some people, I can't take them either they upset my stomach and I break out in cold sweats and feel really faint. I swear by spatone sachets now I'd recommend them to anyone, no side effects, all natural. Significantly improved my HB and energy levels x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->