Ironing?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by princess_vix, Oct 29, 2008.

1. princess_vix

princess_vix Guest

Lol okay don't laugh at me!!

I'm a dinloe and with a baby on the way im learning to iron loads of different things but i usually have my mum who puts it on different heats and stuff..

AGHHHH I HAVE TO IRON TODAY AND SHE'S NOT HERE :hissy:

WHATS THE BEST SORT OF HEAT!!

gulps!!!

2. mrsholmes

mrsholmes Well-Known Member

if its common I have it on quite high, with lots of steam, that way the creases come up quick! any sort of material that may stick or burn like football top material I put on the lowest but one and anything with a logo I iron insideout

IHATE IRONING:hissy::hissy::hissy:

3. alice&bump

alice&bump mummy to katie

if you look ont he label it'll have a pic of an iron with dots on, the more dots the higher the heat. personally i just whack it on full and leave it on. but for some materials you cant have it on too hot cos it will ruin them

4. princess_vix

princess_vix Guest

Thanks haha i feel like a right dumb ass!!!

Well wish me luck and lets hope my mother doesn't come home to ruined clothes!!

5. WelshGirl

WelshGirl Mummy at last!!

Like someone said, check how many dots it shows on the label - on the dial for the heat on the iron, it should have dots on too - just match the heat to what the label says. If the thing you are ironing is totally dry, use the steam to help get creases out.

If it has a printed logo on (as opposed to one that is sewn on) turn the thin inside out to iron it, or the print can stick to the hot iron.

xxx

6. princess_vix

princess_vix Guest

I completed my ironing succesfully :D

7. Elli21

Elli21 Well-Known Member

I dont iron unless im going somewhere nice or work. I just bung it in the tumble dryer :smug:

8. tiggertea

tiggertea Mum of Two

yay! :yipee: congrats hun x

9. LilFlower08

LilFlower08 Me, Si and Our Kitten..

I have it on full heat unless it a logo (insideout) or a material like nyon that will melt, i am so sad, i find ironing thereputic (sp) but hate washing and hoovering!
    x

10. princess_x0

princess_x0 Well-Known Member

Lmao well done on completing it successfully! I don't iron AT ALL, and my mum won't iron my stuff now, so I have lots of creased clothes lmao I'm a tramp xxx