Irratable bowel syndrome

shortie58

Mummy to Katie
Reaction score
I am often bothered by this, it can come on me at any time and I have to stay next to a toilet when it does happen. Normally I would take an immodium and it would help but I am concerned that I wont be able to take anything if it flairs up when I am pregnant. Does anyone else suffer from IBS and if so is there anything I can take for it when prego??

Thanks in advance

Lesley xxxxxxxx

Hiya, i am having a similar problem at the minute except docs think i have Ulcerative Colitis. From what i have heard and read i think there are a few medications which you can take whilst pregnant to ease symptoms. I'm not sure of the details but i didn't want to read and run. I'd speak to your GP first as its better to know the facts. Good luck to you xxx

I have IBS, I was only told it was this recently but I've had it for as long as I could remember (stupid me was too scared to go to the doctors until recently :blush: ) Now I take tablets for it. But avoiding certain foods helps too :D

Just wanted to say, not sure if its the same for everyone, but whilst pregnant, I didn't get a flare up once...its actually what made me think about what this was and why it had disappeared :wacko: Hope its the same for you! :thumbup:

Im waffling now :haha: but Im sure if you were to have a flare up whilst expecting there would be a medicine available! :thumbup:

:hugs:

I have ibs as well, from what i remember i have always had it but it's got worse in the past few years, i ate some seriously dodgy chicken quite a bit back and since then it's been really bad, it's the constipated version i suffer from. I'm constantly gassy, bloated, sickly and i get stomach aches quite often.

I went to the hospital a few years ago because i was also have pains in my bladder and frequent UTI's, i had a scan and i was told i have an Irritable bladder, I've been told that is associated with IBS.

Hiya, iv recently being diagnosed with IBS and have been prescribed 'mebeverine' tablets. i just looked and it says to tell your doc if your pregnant or ttc but then again most medication does.

p.s. i feel so sorry for us girls. its an awful condition to live with :'(

I think your best bet is to talk to your doc about this and start avoiding foods that you know are triggers. :)

I've recently been diagnosed, too and was given mebeverine for 4 weeks. It's really helped, my GP thinks I had an acute irritation and that mostly I need to manage the general IBS with diet/exercise. I've definitely found avoiding certain foods helps and staying active seems to help to keep everything moving at the right speed.... :blush:

Butting in but i havent had a flare up since iv been pregnant but i am drinking lots of peppermint tea so that might be helping

I'm pretty sure I suffer from IBS too, though I've been too afraid to go to the Doctor for it recently (which is just silly) :dohh:

I would definitely ask your doctor this question BUT I just wanted to add that there ARE diseases that actually get much better during pregnancy (M.S. is one, I believe). You might be able to find something on google to give you more information but it is *possible* that pregnancy could help IBS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->