Irratable Uterus? Anyone else?

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
Since 20 weeks or so I've been getting painful irregular contractions daily, several times.
They are exactly the same pain as I get at the beginning of labour, but I can if I rest make them stop. I also get my regular non painful braxton hicks, and the midwife has told me it's not bh, but Irratable Uterus.

After my sch and weeks of bleeding, I'm also told in at risk of having baby early. Coupled with my waters leaking last time from 28 weeks!

Anyone else been told they have an irratable uterus? Is there anything I can do (other than rest) when it happens?

Just didn't wanna read and run, haven't experienced this myself. Hope it gets better hun, hugs

I can't help either Yo_Yo, sorry. I've read that the contractions don't actually lead to labour, but a small percentage do experience preterm labour. I hope baby stays in longer for you. I don't know of anything besides rest and drinking water that would help.
I hope you feel better!

I went to the ER around 21 weeks for having lots of non-painful contractions. They hooked me up to the monitor and said that what I was experiencing was "irritability". They told me to drink lots and rest. I have been having them on and off since then. My doctor just says I have an irritable uterus. I find that if I stand up too fast or if I stand up from a squatting position I will always have one. If my bladder gets too full I have them. There seem to be a lot of triggers for them. My doc checked my cervix length and it was fine. They always make me worry when they happen a lot though.

I hope they calm down and hope they do not cause you any problems!

I had the same thing with my daughter from about 30 weeks on. I thought they were contractions, so I went in and they told me that it was irritability. I had started to dilate though, so they put me on bedrest until she came at 39 weeks via Csection. I was told to drink lots of water and rest as much as possible and to go in if things got worse.

I hope they dont bother you too much and dont cause any problems. They are very irritating though, and can be frustrating.

Good luck! :flower:

I have an Irritable Uterus as well (once you have one, it typically stays that way in subsequent pregnancies). I started getting contractions with my DS when I was about 25 weeks, and had a preterm labor scare at 29 weeks when they started to become more painful and were coming every 2-3 minutes, but the doctors were able to stop them with Nifedipine. I'm sorry to say that other than Procardia, nothing really helped the contractions. :hugs: My DS ended up coming at 36+6 weeks.

This time the contractions started at 8 weeks! Thankfully they're not very regular or consistent, yet, though. I've also been praying and asking for the contractions to not be as bad this time, and so I think that's been helping, too. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->